Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4658 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Help! GMAT in 2 weeks but got a low score after studying for 3 months [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi aayushkrishnan,

This latest CAT/mock Score is in-line with how you were performing several months ago - so it's likely that you've gotten 'stuck' at this particular level. I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22074 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Help! GMAT in 2 weeks but got a low score after studying for 3 months [#permalink]
Expert Reply
aayushkrishnan wrote:
So, I got a 580 on my 1st attempt on 2 March 2022.
This time, I took ample time to prepare for 3 months and gave my first mock today. I was planning on booking my test for 2 weeks later since I have to go to college after that. But today's Mock has ruined my confidence. I've completed the OG Quant and Verbal Review and have been practising timed questions on Magoosh for a few weeks. I've done multiple sectional tests and usually have around 24/31 right on Quant Tests with all of them being hard. And have had an accuracy of over 70% on hard questions for Verbal as well.

But when I gave my first mock today( GMAT Official) I only got 610 ( Q45 and V29). I'm fairly confident about the topics and completely changed my strategy towards studying by maintaining an error log, understanding each wrong answer and the underlying concepts in them. I've been able to increase my accuracy and was confident that I'll do well on the mock.

About the test: I was extremely nervous and anxious going into today's Practice exam and faced pacing issues in Verbal( Had to guess the last 7). Could this result be an anomaly considering good accuracy and confidence in solving questions otherwise v/s doing a Mock? ( After the previous attempt's debacle, I had developed an extreme fear of Mocks and have slight anxiety issues.

Any advice to deal with exam fear and hope for a better score? What could be the reasons for practice sectional test v/s a full Practice exam?

Regarding your testing anxiety, I have a very important article I want you to check out:

How to Eliminate GMAT Test-Day Anxiety

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
GMAT Club Bot