Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
That helps - what specific consulting firms on the East Coast of the US interest you?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hjort, hope this gives you an idea of what i am looking for [#permalink]
well, i would be interested in Enterprise Resource Planning Consulting, or get into firms which consult on issues such as management and strategy of finance and resources and also technology. i have a back ground in technology so that might help provided i get into the right kind of company. i also have some , although a restricted knowledge of functional aspects too. but an MBA should equip me with the weapons for that as well, so i'm guessing companies such as mckinsey, IBM, Deloitte, Accenture, etc should suit what i am looking for immediately after my MBA.

also Hjort, i want to know if you can help me out with the selection of schools. in my earlier posts i have mentioned about 6-7 schools that i have narrowed down on and why i have selected such a diverse range(i want to maximise my chances of acceptance). i will mostly want to learn about leadership, management, marketing and organizational strategy during the MBA. you have already seen my profile, so will the schools that i have picked be a good fit for me? also do you have other suggestions regarding the schools based on the kind of job i am looking for post MBA?

thanks a lot Hjort
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the firms like McKinsey there is generally little recruiting beyond the trans elite cluster. Depending on the demand for consultants, even some of the elite cluster schools will place only a handful of students at McKinsey.

I would take a closer look at closer look at UNC and Texas. They are both trans elites with pretty strong records in consulting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi hjort

thank you so much for your suggestions. i was looking at the acceptance rates for UNC, and they are quite low especially for the international students.
what do you think of Vanderbilt and urbana champaign in terms of my needs?
GMAT Club Bot