Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Harvard Business School (HBS) - Class of 2014
GPA: 3.64
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well, I would just find out when you think you will have the most time to prep for the GMAT. For instance, I will occasionally look over prep materials, take a practice test, and look over questions on this site just to kinda keep things fresh and continually improve on different parts, but I am at least 3-4 years from taking the test and won't get into serious preparation until I am readying to take it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thank you, but??? [#permalink]
Thank you people!!! :pray

You know I am was jus thinking that right now I am in my training period and things are lil free relative to what it will be 2 to 3 years later:wall ...you know, all that projects I see coming..but I was also am worried that if I work these 4 months and write my Gmat and when I am ready to go for my mba in 2 or 3 years and if there would be any changes in the standards of Gmat where they might not accept scores obtained 2 to 3 yrs b4 the time I started applying????

:drunk
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The one thing that you can focus on is extras...work with a NGO or outreach organization that has the same goals and those you want to express in your essays. This way you can write some good essays on leadership/outside interests/what makes you unique and make your app stand out. In all honesty I didn't start prepping until 4 months ago...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nice!!!1 [#permalink]
Thank you so much !!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Schools would accept your scores, they are good for 5 years. However, schools like to see them closer to your application because thats a reflection of where you are at that point.

Work for 3 years then apply so you will matriculate with 4 years. Get heavily involved in one or two activities and attempt to get into a leadership position in these. At work obviously try to do the best you can, volunteer for anything pretty much and make yourself as valuable as possible.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, riverripper and loom

Guys!!!I am sure fresh out of school and I wanna go get an MBA cuz I was trying to figure out :???: :computer: what I wanna do 10 yrs down the line and though I just finished my masters in engineering, my interest is not in research:writer nor do I wanna be a prof. in some university. I finally concluded that I want to get in investment banking and hoping to get into Private equity and then open my own firm. :yell:

:pilot: Airplanes is my passion agreed but now I wanna do something different and I figured company acquisitions and finance both interested me and gains :cool: seemed that it would make it worth the trouble of taking the challenge :boxer2: to have a change in career.

Biggest question :wall: I have right now is what kind of social organization do I get in???any examples would help????

I am sure brushing my quant once in a while and I think your right....i need to get this out of the way soon b4 it fades...

Riverripper and Loom, I appreciate your advice....:pray:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Going from Aerospace Engineering -> Investment Banking / PE is quite a jump in my opinion, have you considered working your way into a finance position in your company?

Aerospace Engineering -> Aerospace Finance -> MBA Finance -> IB/PE in Transportation sector looks like a more natural career progression...but that's my two cents.... With your industry/technical specialization and a top-notch MBA, the sky would be the limit...

Social organization? Whatever your interested in... I would try to find something I actually enjoy, so it doesn't just feel like I'm "putting in the hours" to pad that B-school application. I've always enjoyed volunteer opportunities where I get to teach...I need to talk... so, whatever catches your fancy, go for it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks loom, there is a management group formed by some employees in my company.....you think that would help????or you think a social and non profit organization would be a better choice????
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What does this management group do?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The Gulfstream Management Association (GMA) is a chapter of the National Management Association. GMA is dedicated to providing mangement and leadership development opportunities for Gulfstream employees through education, experience, and example.

Sorry had to copy paste what they do....;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Abhishek.pitti wrote:
The Gulfstream Management Association (GMA) is a chapter of the National Management Association. GMA is dedicated to providing mangement and leadership development opportunities for Gulfstream employees through education, experience, and example.

Sorry had to copy paste what they do....;)

Looks like it could help with professional development, leadership training and networking, but I'm not sure how many opportunities you would get to actually contribute or volunteer for a cause / social group. If you can do both (Association + outside volunteering/leadership) that would be even better.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey loom,
I spoke to the president of the GMA association, I was told that they do alot of community service and they often need volunteer. I believe they give training for leadership and stufff....I really want to start and get this gmat out of the way b4 this december but its getting difficult to decide where to start from.

I would make sure I start, all suggestion are welcomed.

Thanks man!!!

Keep in touch....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sounds like a plan! All the best, seeya around the forums.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Re: how early do u start preparation for an MBA from scratch??? [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: how early do u start preparation for an MBA from scratch??? [#permalink]