GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How many 600s and 700s Questions correct to get Q47 ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V27
Reviews Badge
How many 600s and 700s Questions correct to get Q47 ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 05:30
Hi everyone!

How many questions of 600 and 700 level I have to get correct to get 47 at Quant?

I miss pretty much all of the 700s and get 50% of 600 correct. I know that the scoring is shady and all that, but can you give me a rough estimate?

Also, I am planning to spend around 30 min on the first 10 questions since there seems to be no way to even be asked the 600 level Questions unless you get the first ones correct. Any input on this?

Cheers!
Board of Directors
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 06:26
iliavko wrote:
Hi everyone!

How many questions of 600 and 700 level I have to get correct to get 47 at Quant?

I miss pretty much all of the 700s and get 50% of 600 correct. I know that the scoring is shady and all that, but can you give me a rough estimate?

Also, I am planning to spend around 30 min on the first 10 questions since there seems to be no way to even be asked the 600 level Questions unless you get the first ones correct. Any input on this?

Cheers!

Hi iliavko ,

In order to get Q47, you must be more than 90% accurate on 600 level questions. Getting these questions wrong will let you get 500 or low level questions. Getting them wrong anyhow will not let you score more than Q44.

Also, spending 30 mins on initial 10 questions would mean you 45 mins for other 27 questions. (way too less). -- BIGGEST MISTAKE.

"there seems to be no way to even be asked the 600 level Questions unless you get the first ones correct." -- Incorrect statement. GMAT algorithm can start with any level of questions. It may happen that you encounter a 700 level question as your first question. What would you do in that case? Your level may drop to 200-300 level. A BIG LOSS.

Hence, your strategy is completely wrong. Please think about it wisely and don't take GMAT lightly(if you are serious about it.).
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 07:36
Hi, thank you for your reply.

Well, I've taken GMAT 3 times already with no big success. And many people say that the first questions will define what level of questions you will be asked, so it makes sense to do all that's possible to get those correct. Whatever happens afterwards is another story since if I dont get the first ones right I wont see the 600 questions anyways. If guessing to save time on the first questions pretty much guarantees you a 550 so what is the point to save time to get a low score anyways? Isn't it worth taking the risk to spend more time so at least you will be fighting for the high score?

Also, are you sure about the 90% thing?.. Isn't it more like if you get the 500s correct, you are a 600, if you get the 600s you are a 700 if you get the 700s you are a 800 (perfect score or close) ? This is my doubt actually. Getting 90% of 600s correct puts you on a VERY high level and a 47 is not high, it's somewhere in between, like not much above average.

Any thoughts?
Board of Directors
V
Reviews Badge
Re: How many 600s and 700s Questions correct to get Q47 ?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 08:16
iliavko wrote:

Well, I've taken GMAT 3 times already with no big success. And many people say that the first questions will define what level of questions you will be asked, so it makes sense to do all that's possible to get those correct. Whatever happens afterwards is another story since if I dont get the first ones right I wont see the 600 questions anyways. If guessing to save time on the first questions pretty much guarantees you a 550 so what is the point to save time to get a low score anyways? Isn't it worth taking the risk to spend more time so at least you will be fighting for the high score?

Also, are you sure about the 90% thing?.. Isn't it more like if you get the 500s correct, you are a 600, if you get the 600s you are a 700 if you get the 700s you are a 800 (perfect score or close) ? This is my doubt actually. Getting 90% of 600s correct puts you on a VERY high level and a 47 is not high, it's somewhere in between, like not much above average.

Any thoughts?

Hi iliavko ,

Nope, Either you have misread something or you have concluded something wrongly.

In order for you to hit more than 47, you MUST be able to solve 700 level questions (atleast 40-50% of them).

So, you need to make sure that your accuracy is high in early level questions to hit Q47.

All the best. :)
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 08:21

Any other opinions on this?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.36
WE: Programming (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 02:42
Hi iliavko,

Try to concentrate on 1st couple of questions. If you solve them correctly, then you have more chance of getting higher level questions, and thus more change of getting a high score.

Thanks,
Abhishek
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How many 600s and 700s Questions correct to get Q47 ?   [#permalink] 14 Jul 2017, 02:42

How many 600s and 700s Questions correct to get Q47 ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep