Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22061 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Re: How to get a 670+ score in 40 days [#permalink]
Kudos
TeddyKgb - Welcome to GMAT Club!

A 100 points improvement in 40 days is doable but difficult. Furthermore, the score improvement depends on your sectional strengths and weaknesses. For instance, most test-takers take more time to improve the verbal score than the quant score. Therefore, you should provide more insights into your current baseline score. What were your sectional raw scores in the practice tests?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
How to get a 670+ score in 40 days [#permalink]
Hi DisciplinedPrep,

thanks for your kind reply.

Yes, i have deeply analized my stengths and weaknesses in each section.

Vebal: Being a Lawyer and an Italian (our academic language is said to be one of the most complex), i'm used to work everyday with even more difficult verbal contortions. I think i have a solid skill base in verbal subjects in general. (sectional scores in CATs 30 -31).

Streghts: Solid Skill Base, maniacal attention for every detail of a text, deep comprehension of what the Gmat Verbal part asks in every single part/kind of question.

Weaknesses: Strategy, time management, english vocabulary. I feel and i have given proof to myself that i can get to a any solution correctly. The problem is that i usually take twice as long as i should take for each answer. I have great results in static verbal quizzes, whereas i do many mistakes in the CATs. CATs do not reflect my real skills because i always randomly guess a good portion of the questions in order to finish in time. This could be coused by wrong strategies and poor english vocabulary (i take longer to read and catch details).

Quantitative: i started from a poor skill base in math fundamentals, because i haven't practiced anything similar in last 15 years, but i made a deep refresh in last 2 months. (sectional scores 39-40).

Strengths: natural logical approach, natural ability to find ''alternative solutions'', to think ''out of the box'' instead of answering questions with the mechanical approach. I answer faster than i do in the verbal part.

Weaknesses: I haven't find find my own method so far. I struggle with traditional meachanical approach to questions (i don't like long alegebraical semplifications). I prefer to use logic as well as to find alternative solutions using the given answers.
I need to practice more, possibily with some clear explainations. Fo far i only studied with a ''classical'' math teacher who focused more on improving my basic skills instead of helping me practically in solving gmat problems.

Originally posted by TeddyKgb on 07 Nov 2019, 04:03.
Last edited by TeddyKgb on 07 Nov 2019, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I take the opportunity of this thread for kindly asking to verified Coaches of the forum to propose me their tailored study plans for my personal situation, according with the information provided.
I'm not interested in discounts or promotions, but rather in finding the most accurate effective solution for my personal needs.

May you please tag some of them?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Daniele,

I read your response to my post in another forum, so we have consider your application plans when discussing how you might best proceed with this next phase of your studies.

Assuming that you took your CATs in a realistic fashion and that those practice results are accurate, then your general 'ability level' is currently in the high-500s. Raising that type of Score to the point that you can consistently score 670+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. That having been said, your current timeframe is less than 6 weeks - so you might need to consider pushing back your Test Date.

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How to get a 670+ score in 40 days [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Daniele,

I read your response to my post in another forum, so we have consider your application plans when discussing how you might best proceed with this next phase of your studies.

Assuming that you took your CATs in a realistic fashion and that those practice results are accurate, then your general 'ability level' is currently in the high-500s. Raising that type of Score to the point that you can consistently score 670+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. That having been said, your current timeframe is less than 6 weeks - so you might need to consider pushing back your Test Date.

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC,

thanks for your kind reply.

1) I can realistically spend 30 hours/week studying. I have taken 2 months completely off from my work to achieve this goal, i'm doing this full-time!

Regarding your recommendation of postponig my official exam date, i registered for december 16th but, in case of insuccess, i have given myself one last further chance buy re-taking the exam within january 15th.
Thus, teorically speaking, i would have 2 whole months of time from now. However, knowing myself, i prefer to use this mental strategy in order to push myself as much as possible (i still have time to postpone it in next weeks).

I agree on the point that i'd need to be guided in this period. Unfortunately, i tried to contact several preparation websites asking for a tailored plan but seems that noone offers this service. Would you recommend any solution in particular?
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22061 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Daniele,

I know that we have been speaking offline, but as we discussed, I think that improving by 100 points in 40 days is a pretty tall order. Thus, you may consider studying for longer, pushing back your test date, and taking the GMAT once you are truly ready to do so. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.
GMAT Club Bot