Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: I have my exam in next 12 days- Need help in strategising! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
To improve your quant and verbal skills, you may find it helpful to engage in focused practice of each individual quant topic. For example, let’s say that you want to practice Number Properties. You can do so by answering 50 or more questions just from Number Properties: LCM, GCF, units digit patterns, divisibility, remainders, etc. As you do such practice, do a thorough analysis of each question that you don't get right. If you got a remainder question wrong, ask yourself why. Did you make a careless mistake? Did you not properly apply the remainder formula? Was there a concept you did not understand in the question? By carefully analyzing your mistakes, you will be able to efficiently fix your weaknesses and in turn improve your GMAT quant skills. Number Properties is just one example; follow this process for all quant topics.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
sunitapandey wrote:
Hello All,

I have my exam in another 12 days!
My current score is 620 (Q44, V32).
Need guidance on how can I improve my Quant to Q48 atleast and V40 in this tight timeline.

Quant:
After analysis of my official mocks I have found I have been consistently losing 3-4 questions only due to either calculation mistake or not reading the question correctly.

Verbal:
I am getting short of 3-4 mins in every mock and have to either fluke 1 RC or last 2-3 questions. So time managment is something I am struggling with. I am taking close to 3 min on a harder CR and 2.5 min on SC when I am stuck between options.

In the last 12 days how do you think I should study so that I can optimize the time I have and improve my problem areas.

Appreciate if you can guide.

Thanks
Sunita

Hi sunitapandey

How did it go? Were you able to hit your target score? Do share your experience!
GMAT Club Bot