Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello,

Don't get discouraged! It seems like you are making progress... with each test, you are improving! Kaplan always appears to be tougher for most people so I wouldn't let a less than desireable score get you down.

Seems like you are focusing on Kaplan materials. Have you taken a look at Princeton Review Books? I felt that that was kind of a nice way to get started taking the tests timed tests. It included a lot of useful test taking tips.

When you take practice tests, do you finish with a lot of time left, or not enough time?

Do you think that you studied for so long that maybe you overprepared and are burned out?

Are you really stressed out when you are taking the exam?

I'd say defintely look through the solutions for all the practice sets and really understand how the questions were solved. Specifically, look at what time saving things did the solution have, what approach did the solution take to the problem, etc. Know the basic question types and know the general apprach to solve them... Then work on speed and timing.

I'm also shooting for around a 700. And right now the books I'm using include Kaplan 800, PR Verbal, and 10 Actual, Official LSATs.

Also, be sure to have a template for the AWA. In my opinion, it really saves from stressing out prematurely on the essays.

One final thing, you have a great deal of work experience. And, from what I gather, that is a big plus. You'll have a lot to offer a B-school in your professional experience. So, don't discount that!

GOOD LUCK!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: is there hope? [#permalink]
kath wrote:
when i got my score today, i was devastated. i contemplated if i still want to go to business school. i know that i do want to go for my mba but this gmat is really giving me a hard time. i will follow your advice. i am glad that i joined this site. i feel that people are concerned about how i feel and people want for me to reach my goals. i will really give it all this time. i will prepare very well and make sure that my scores are up on the level where i want it to be. my question is...have you met or heard from anyone who had the same score as i did and tried again and did well or better the next time around? is there hope that i will be able to reach my goal of 690 or higher?

this guy comes close
https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3313

I dont think you should worry if anyone has done it or not.

Maintian a strict discipline in your prep, and if you stick to it long enough, you will see results

good luck
regards
praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
how i studied [#permalink]
thanks for all the words of encouragement. i think i am burned out studying for the gmat. after my test, i did not read any gmat material. i just want to relax my mind but i know that i will go back and study again. i am really determined to go into grad school. it's really my dream to graduate from a top ten mba program and i am not losing hope. i just want to get over this gmat because this is really stopping me from submitting my application. my applications are done including recommendation letters. i will definitely keep you all updated about my scores. i will work on my verbal score because it's killing me. my quant score could also go up. my score for quant was 33. gosh! i hope i would be able to get over this.
GMAT Club Bot
how i studied [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37316 posts