Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JAN Vs SEP INTAKE : Application to acceptance ratio [#permalink]
Agree with the above guy.
Internship in INSEAD is a must for finance and some consulting guys. Those companies want to see your face before job interviews AND they can find something to do in 2 months.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NABE
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.1
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I'm planning to apply for 13D, e.g., starting in Jan 2013. I am in the mining industry and want to pursue a career in consulting.

When I asked the career services people at INSEAD, I was told that usually students who want to make a career change into finance should definitely start in Jan and seek an internship in the industry. Those students switching to consulting shouldn't worry too much about it, as the chances of getting onto a project team from the start (and seeing the project to finish) in Jul/Aug is slim.

On the other hand, one of my friends, who is a partner at BCG and went to INSEAD, told me that if I want to switch careers and go into consulting, I should definitely apply for the Jan intake and pursue an internship.

One last tidbit, but again, I think this is just an opinion I heard: No one wants to go to France in January because it is very cold. So, perhaps your chances of applying for the Jan intake at Fonty slightly increase if you apply for Sept intake. I'm not sure I buy this, but I read it in one of the blogs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M$)
Send PM
snbury wrote:
I'm planning to apply for 13D, e.g., starting in Jan 2013. I am in the mining industry and want to pursue a career in consulting.

When I asked the career services people at INSEAD, I was told that usually students who want to make a career change into finance should definitely start in Jan and seek an internship in the industry. Those students switching to consulting shouldn't worry too much about it, as the chances of getting onto a project team from the start (and seeing the project to finish) in Jul/Aug is slim.

On the other hand, one of my friends, who is a partner at BCG and went to INSEAD, told me that if I want to switch careers and go into consulting, I should definitely apply for the Jan intake and pursue an internship.

One last tidbit, but again, I think this is just an opinion I heard: No one wants to go to France in January because it is very cold. So, perhaps your chances of applying for the Jan intake at Fonty slightly increase if you apply for Sept intake. I'm not sure I buy this, but I read it in one of the blogs.

===
ahahaha, I liked the last part - that is just (censored). But you can twist it around as well: in january in Europe, only IMD and INSEAD start classes, so all the previous rounds loosers and early birds will apply there :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Management of Technology/ General Management
Schools:Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
 Q48  V44
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Send PM
Kudos
Agree with all the above points.

I will be going for September intake, because there is 99% chance that I will stay in the same industry after graduation, so September intake will allow me to cut costs on 2-3 additional months of study =).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Slightly off topic, but I am concerned about the supposed fact that top Europe universities do not consider those candidates who have cleared SOME of the subjects of their undergraduate discipline in the second attempt after failing to do so in the first attempt. Is this true? I found a similar question in some forum but was left unanswered there...
GMAT Club Bot