Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [46]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [4]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [4]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [3]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Kudos
Yeahhh )) :punk :punk :punk

Awesome bb, great job)) You said that you were working on points system , but I didn't expect it to be ready so soon. (great new year present :))

Big Thanks to you and all GMAT moderators for this, I appreciate very much that you listen to users' demands and needs )

Kudos to you :good
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
godot53 wrote:
bb wrote:
Important Update - a new improvement is being introduced to the system as of today, April 24th.

It order to cut down on the number of useless and abusive posts observed in a number of forums after rewards system introduction, a new restriction has been suggested by a moderator group that will require users to have a minimum number of Kudos in order to progress through the levels in the GMAT Club Rewards and continue earning points. What this means is that members will not be able to reach a particular level, for example, Gold level without having at least 50 Kudos. If you are in this situation, your point earning will suspend until you are able to earn the sufficient number of kudos. If you are wondering how to improve your Kudos situation, consider posting helpful posts that go beyond chit-chat or simple question replies. Think about what you would give Kudos for and it won't take long until your efforts are rewarded.

The following Kudos requirements have been set in place:

1 Bronze 0 kudos
2 Silver 25 kudos
3 Gold 50 kudos
4 Platinum 100 kudos
5 Diamond 200 kudos

Hi bb,

Good amendment !!
But, I have one small question - is the above kudos include already redeemed ones.

For instance, I redeemed my initial 25 kudos for GMATCLUB test and now left with only 18 kudos. So, the counting is 18 or 43 ?

Redeeming kudos does not have an impact/not included. Only the earned Kudos matter. In your above example, it would be considered 43.
However, keep in mind that the same rule applies to the Rewards - if you have earned 199 points and lack kudos to move to Gold with 200, your point earning will be suspended, even if you redeem points.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Please note that today we introduced another update to the Rewards System.
Previously rewards points were only added and never subtracted. For example, if you started a topic that was already discussed and it was merged or deleted by moderators, one got the credit and points for that activity, even though, they should not have.

Starting today, we are able to track (retroactively as well) when activities that have earned points are reversed and in those cases, points will be deducted.

Trying to keep it fair for those who are doing the right thing.
Thank you.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
LamboWalker wrote:
Hi, a question. 'Your points expire after 6 months of inactivity'. What does inactivity mean here - inactivity on the website or does it mean points expire after 6 months of not using them? Thanks.

Inactivity means, lacking any activity. Meaning not earning or redeeming. Like activity :-)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
3 new Rewards Added at various point levels­: 

1. Experts Global 15 Focus Tests: $50 value
    2-month access to 15 Full-length GMAT Focus tests (simulated adaptability)

2. Aringo Hourly Resume Package: $315 value
    A Senior Consultant will dive into your resume, helping ensure quantifiable impact and achievements for adcoms to better envision what you have accomplished thus far in your career. You will discuss any missing elements and how to demonstrate competencies. Get your questions answered and on the next step to finalizing your B-school resume.

3. Aringo 3-hour package for 2500 points ($825 value)
    Spend three hours working on any element of your profile/application.  Can be broken into 3 1-hour sessions or 2 90-minute sessions.  A Senior Consultant will answer your questions, guide you on profile refinement, essay response, resume review or even interview prep… it is up to you! 

To Redeem, please visit this page
 ­­­­­­­­
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [2]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
wohoo! I got to Bronze already!

bb
is there a way to see how many timed attempts a user has?
I see the history of all the attempts, but not the summary.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Wow. Thanks for a great reception!
:-)
Verbal Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8810 [2]
Given Kudos: 171
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
We do offer an ability to accelerate your reward-earning process. For a modest payment of $900 you can redeem this reward without waiting and any hard work. It is available any time at this secret link

:-D

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Haha that was funny :-D . It would have been funnier if you had removed the clause modest payment of 900$ and just provided the secret link :-D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Just to add to what Keats said, every time you post a comment in a discussion, a notification, email, or app notification is triggered to a number of people.

When you have a few of these triggered and they all seem to be about nothing, people stop checking, replying and responding. There are already a few members whose posts I ignore (or sometimes delete). You don't want to join these ranks.

PS. You will notice I have not used caps, smilies, or excessive punctuation marks in my post. Perhaps I am old-fashione but perhaps that's because I do not use that style in my work and professional correspondence. The way you present yourself is the way people perceive you.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos