Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Read all of this guy's posts... something doesn't seem right...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Re: IS A SCORE OF 400 or more achievable? [#permalink]
Positive thinker wrote:
Is a score of 400 or more achievable with sufficinet practice? Please need some desperate quality advice.....

Thanks.....

I would say that just concentrate on the practice. Give your best. Thats all what you can do. You can not control the result. Getting a 400 is relatively easy. Work hard and leave everything to god. Most important of all is "believe in yourself".
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cant agree more with ps_dahiya.. just do your best, and leave the rest to god
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everyone for ur concern and great advice.....Its been tough for me recently and needed a good kick in the behind from you guys thanks for the motivation.......I need all the motivation i can get.....

Thanks.....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you're for real about your situation, I support you 100%... I just remember from the other postings that you got so defensive when people made constructive suggestions. If you are truly in the situation you're in (I think you said in other posting you got a 220 on GMAT but had a 3.9 GPA in computer science or something), then I respect the fight you're engaged in. Something just smelled a little fishy to me, especially when you kept saying stuff like "i'm not stupid.... blah, blah, blah." No one had even called you stupid, so I just didn't get your defensiveness. But I apologize if your situation is legit. As for your private message to me saying I think the exam is a "piece of cake," that's hardly the case... I believe in hard work and that is the end of it. In high school, I started with an SAT score in the 1100s and through sheer will (memorizing thousands of vocab words, etc) pushed it up to a 1380. For the GMAT, I probably put in 500 hours of hardcore studying myself. No joke. So don't say I think it's a piece of cake. I just don't like it when someone asks for a suggestion, then they get it and then they whine about it. Are you looking to improve your GMAT score or are you looking for a shoulder to cry on? I have had mentors my whole life and this experience is no different -- find out who kicks butt (like all of the 700+ people on this site), ask for advice, and then execute. But don't complain and stuff. That's all I'm saying. Besides, it's good training... after you get the MBA, no employer or co-worker is going to want to hear a bunch of BS crying and complaining. They want to see results.

Marcus
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
No it's impossible
No one has ever scored beyond a 400, maybe Einstein and Hawking could have if they had taken the GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey [#permalink]
U seem to be very sarcastic.....I thought this place was suppost to be about helping others out.....not making fun of them.......
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys, lets try to help each other. If we do not like someone's question, let us stay away from posting.

I dont believe in imposing too many rules, but lets keep the camaraderie and encourage questions, no matter how inconsequential they may appear to us.

Let the moderators or myself know if you find a post offensive.

best wishes
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts