GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 09:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 10 Keys to nail DS and CR questions

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

06:00 PM PST

07:00 PM PST

Join our live webinar and learn how to approach Data Sufficiency and Critical Reasoning problems, how to identify the best way to solve each question and what most people do wrong.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Is GMAT worth for me?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Is GMAT worth for me?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 14:02
Hello all,

Currently, I am working in the automotive industry. I have 3 years of experience and I got dual master degrees. Here is my profile,

Bachelors (Mechanical) GPA - 6/10 ( Many D grades, few C grades and 2 A grades)
Masters (Physics) GPA - 6/10 (got E grade in 6 courses, D in 6 courses)
That is an integrated degree program. There are no personal/family/health reasons for my poor grades, I was just lazy and didn't attend classes and exams.

After graduation, I came to US and finished my masters in mechanical engineering
Master (Mechanical) GPA - 3.6/4 (All A's and B's)

I got 323 in my GRE (gave GRE in 2012) and I am confident that I can get similar or better score if I write GRE again.

With such low bachelors GPA and with so many E and D grades, will any good university even look at my application? Will my masters GPA help my application? I want to get into top-tier universities, is it achievable? My company will pay for my MBA fee if I can get into Ross school of business.

Is this a fool's dream or is there any scope for me?
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Is GMAT worth for me?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 11:58
arvind2012 wrote:
Hello all,

Currently, I am working in the automotive industry. I have 3 years of experience and I got dual master degrees. Here is my profile,

That is an integrated degree program. There are no personal/family/health reasons for my poor grades, I was just lazy and didn't attend classes and exams.

After graduation, I came to US and finished my masters in mechanical engineering

I got 323 in my GRE (gave GRE in 2012) and I am confident that I can get similar or better score if I write GRE again.

With such low bachelors GPA and with so many E and D grades, will any good university even look at my application? Will my masters GPA help my application? I want to get into top-tier universities, is it achievable? My company will pay for my MBA fee if I can get into Ross school of business.

Hi Arvind,

It's good to have you on GMATCLUB. Note that you do come from a very competitive applicant pool especially for Ross and although your GPA is a tad below average you can compensate it with a high Test score. It would be wise to give GRE again or consider taking a GMAT. You will find tons of resources on this website to help you with your decision.

Hope this helps. All the best!

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Director
Director
P
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Re: Is GMAT worth for me?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 01:03
arvind2012 wrote:
Hello all,

Hi arvind2012, By going through your profile, I understand that it is really difficult to crack top 10 universities as Top MBA colleges are in search of achievers and there are lots of people applying from India who are having a decent and some even with brilliant academic profiles. So, I am not interested in discussing if you can make it or not.
What we should discuss is how is it possible to crack these top tier colleges. So, my take on this goes like this.

1. Try to get a good score in GMAT. Stretch your self as far as possible. What is in your hand is to get a good GMAT score.
What you will gain : A good score always makes you confident.
There are chances that top school might call u for interview where u have the chance to present yourself.
Even if you are not selected to top school you can guide someone in future. You can also explore some entrepreneurship opportunities in education or other related sector.
Anyway Be +ve..... A single step in any direction adds value if ur directionless.

What you will loose: 250$ exam fees. Nothing else.

2. Try to engage with other activities like NGO, or try to build something which can create value .. U never know whatever u r doing for people or any of ur creation becomes hit and it will add so much value to your profile.
What you will gain : A lots of experience.
If some substantial thing is created(for e.g GMATClub or Beatthegmat forums has a great value in GMAT sector.), schools might give u a chance..

What you will loose : may be for next 1 year you might not be watching bollywood movies or go out with friends..

3. try to grab any good and valuable opportunity at your working place. There might be a thing which no one wants to do as it demands high expertise. Give ur inputs and fetch some value. it will also help you in building your profile.
What you will gain : more expertise in your sector.

What you will loose: Again some leisure time..

try to work on the above 3 points.. it will help you a lot..

CAT 2017 99th percentiler : VA 97.27 | DI-LR 96.84 | QA 98.04 | OA 98.95
UPSC Aspirants : Get my app UPSC Important News Reader from Play store.

MBA Social Network : WebMaggu

Appreciate by Clicking +1 Kudos ( Lets be more generous friends.)

What I believe is : "Nothing is Impossible, Even Impossible says I'm Possible" : "Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish".

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Is GMAT worth for me? &nbs [#permalink] 26 Feb 2018, 01:03

Is GMAT worth for me?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap