Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 20:31 It is currently 05 May 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You need to give yourelf more than 2 weeks to sudy for this exam. Start off by getting an old high school math book and review the basics. From there more onto the prep material like the Official Guide 10/11, Kaplan, Manhattan GMAT etc... Also be sure to take the GMATPrep exams (there are two of them)....these exams the closets to actual test.

Best of Luck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Whats your reason for taking the GMAT? Are you planning on getting an MBA, if so what are the type of schools you'd be interested in?

The reason I'm asking is that you'll need to see what avg scores are in the schools you're targetting. Whether its P/T or F/T, you'll need to see what the 80% range is for students admitted. Based on this information you need to set your targets.

By studying high school math books will definitely get your math score higher then you have now, but it may not be enough for your targeted schools. I suggest you take a course such as Kaplan or Princeton Review if you habe time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dude....

It's not the aptitude that defines the altitude, but it's the atitude..

As one my buddies pointed out, just sit back and analyze, read some inspirational posts on the sticky board over here, If one of our friends can take his score from 400 to 720, so can u ....

Then once, u decide on what ur target score should be, then use this club as a tool to chip at ur aim...

there are people ready to help u in everything, right frm preparing ur strategy to plugging loopholes at the climax, provided there is sufficient effort from u..
jus take a week's break to analyze...and then b bk with double the energy...

All the Best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank You [#permalink]
THanks all of you for your support. I really appreciate your valuable advice ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
One month is less time... trust me. give it 2 atleast :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
kurt22 .. Yes I think you are right. I'm thinking of studying first, then apply when I feel ready..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Just Finished .. BIG TIME DISAPPOINTMENT [#permalink]
moza wrote:
Hi guyz.. I just finished the test and I got 350 :cry:
I'm feeling so bad .. The studying time was so short .. I only studied for 2 weeks.. and it was like studying math from scrach since I'm not good in math and the last time I did math was in high school 6 years ago. And since I didn't do well in math, I was feeling down and frastrated in verbal and didn't do well as well :cry:

I'm planning to retake it in one month time.. I'm aiming for 500 this time. Please help me on where to start? what books? I know I can do it. I just need your support and advice .. I'm really feeling sad and demotivated :cry:

dude, i'm pretty much in the same boat as you. i signed up 2 weeks ago, and have my actual test coming up in... guess wat 2 weeks. i have been putting some time in, and i do have an engineering degree, so maths isn't something alien to me. BUT it has been 5 years since graduation, and no i'm not in an engineering profession now.

so i'm feeling the tension too, just having doneOG DS sample questions last night, out of the last 25 questions (and this is after doing the first 125), i got 10 out of 25 wrong. now that's a really bad score.

i'm gunning for a 600 (hopefully !), and i realise i've got loads of practice to put in.

so its ok to feel like crap, but don't lose hope. all you need is practice and motivation and a little help if you need it.

and what the heck, I tell myself that if really did put in all I've got, and didn't get my target score after many tries. Then maybe a postgrad really isn't meant for me. I can still be successful doing other things. Like start a business, build a career ground up, etc.

More so, GMAT is but one of the entry requirements for a post grad programme. and a good post grad degree is but one of the variables of life long success. Its nothing more than a tool. It doesn't come with guarantees.

so take it easy on yourself, and try to enjoy the learning process. it only makes it easier!

Cheers dude.

Dennis
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Just Finished .. BIG TIME DISAPPOINTMENT [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37389 posts