Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 04:14 It is currently 09 May 2024, 04:14

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 19
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Overall the interview went very well. Felt like a conversation and not a constant Q&A. All her questions came from my responses and stayed with my resume as the backbone. 1. Walk me through your Resume? What leadership experiences did you have? 2. What was your biggest life lesson that you learned? 3. You had a lot of leadership experience, what type of leader are you? 4. What are your ST/LT Goals? 5. What are you hoping to gain from an MBA? 6. If you were not in a leadership role and was only a team member, how would you contribute? 7. Explain to me your background undergraduate degree (I had a science degree) 8. What makes you want to pursue MBA or move into business? 9. Why MBA to do your dreams/Why now? 10. Why UNC? (speak specifically about the universities Core Values) 11. What questions do you have for me? (talked about the STAR program and DBI program) Currently waiting on a decision, will update soon."
7.5 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 19
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Jan 7, 19
Final Decision:
Matriculating
"I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee at Chapel-Hill. I had a really pleasant day, since engaging with office staff to my interview. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. My interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very behavioral in nature but conversational. Some of the questions I remember 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why an MBA? Why now? 3. Why UNC? 4. How will you contribute to the community? 5. ST/LT goals? 6. Time where you did not get along with a team? 7. any questions? Like I said, my interviewer was very nice and they just want to see your fit with UNC. You still need to prepare and have succinct answers."
This user wants to stay Private
4.2 years
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 4, 19
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 19
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Skype interview: Overall, very conversational with no out-of-the-ordinary questions. If I recall correctly, I was asked: 1. Current job description 2. Why MBA? 3. Why Kenan-Flagler? 4. What would your supervisor say is your best/worst quality? 5. Proudest accomplishment Probably missing some questions but like I mentioned, it was very conversational so it's difficult to enumerate exact questions."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 19
Interviewed on:
Jan 21, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview with a member of the admissions committee. Questions asked were very straightforward, and sometimes followed up my previous answers. Total time : 25 mins + 5 mins for my questions. Some of the questions asked: 1. Why MBA? 2. Goals after MBA - Long term, short term. 3. Questions on my international experience - managing teams, cross culture learnings. 4. What is the best thing about my current company? 5. Why UNC? 6. Some behavioural questions like my success and failure moments, how I learnt from those. Overall a very relaxed vibe, no surprise elements."
Debrief posted on  Nov 15, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 15, 18
Final Decision:
"Had my interview with the adcom. It was quite conversational and she made the environment quite friendly. Went on for ~30 mins with the following major questions: 1. Introduction for ~2 min on work experience till date 2. Couple of questions on teamwork - An instance from my work exp, What qualities do I look to maintain while working in a team? 3. What is your leadership style? 4. ST and LT goals 5. Why MBA? 6. Why Kenan-Flagler? She then went on to talk about KF's core values and we discussed about my current job and how I could link those values with me. Then she talked about KF as a school. Last 5-7 mins were open for me to ask any questions. Overall it was a very comfortable conversation."
This user wants to stay Private
4.3 years
India
Debrief posted on  Feb 8, 18
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Just completed my interview and it was very conversational with straight forward questions that lasted for close to 40 minutes. He started off by giving his background and then moved onto questions. My questions were : ( don't remember the order of questions clearly :D) 1) Where did you grow up and spend childhood ? 2) Why did you choose the elec engineering as major and eco as minor ? 3) What were the leadership roles that you played in college ? (This was follow up from my answer to the previous ques) 4) What did you learn from the first job ? Why did you change ? 5) Why did you move into the current job ? 6) Why MBA ? 7) Why Kenan Flagler ? 8) ST and LT goals 9) Strengths/ Weakness that your recommender would talk about 10) Talk about a work that you are most proud off 11) Any questions for me ?"
India
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 17
Final Decision:
"I had my UNC interview with an adcom member over Skype on 6th Nov (10:45 AM EST). I do agree with others - no odd/hardball questions. My interview was very conversational and lasted 35-40 minutes. I'm a bit jealous seeing abhimahna 's question list! :P I got asked almost nothing!! My questions were 1) Walk me through your resume & a follow up conversation including why an MBA now (NOT why MBA) - lasted 15 mins 2) Do you have any questions for me - lasted ~8 mins 3) If I were to call up your supervisor, what would be the 2 words he would use to describe you. A follow conversation with anecdotes on why did I pick those 2 words - lasted a bit over 10 mins During the last few mins, she asked if there was something more that you wanted the admissions committee to know. I was like - "yeah, everything is remaining!!" :) So I told her that I've seriously thought about my goals, strengths/weaknesses and the fit with UNC. Since we were running out of time, I asked her pick between - Why MBA / ST LT goals/ strengths weaknesses leadership traits/ Why Kenan Flagler. She picked "Why Kenan Flagler". We talked about that, maximum for 4 mins, before we disconnected. It think it went okay. I'm not sure if I could have timed it better; she was really interested in the career sections of my CV and our entire conversation was based on that. Don't worry about the anxiety guys, the adcoms are really nice and they WILL make you feel comfortable. Also, in 40 mins I was asked almost 0 standard questions. So, apart from the standard ST LT goals and Why questions, it would help if you have some 3 or 4 anecdotes pertaining to your CV. And it would be a bonus if those anecdotes can bring out some good behavioural traits! :D All the very best!!"
India
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 17
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Done with the interview. The interviewer was very calming and made the session very interactive. Again, more of a discussion for knowing the candidate better, rather than an intense interview. The interviewer introduced herself and told me about the interview format that she would follow. She went on to speak about her career progression and then switched over to the interview. She started off with why did I choose the particular concentration for my undergrad? Then she asked me about my internships and jobs, and then about my current job profile. Thereafter, she asked me a couple of behavioural questions on team experiences, about a time when I did not get a desired output though I put in efforts, what in my opinion is the best leadership style, and what qualities do I think the team members must have? She then asked the usual why MBA, what short term goals and why, why Kenan-Flagler etc. questions. Finally, she asked if I had any questions for her. Overall, it was a wonderful interview: very conversational and very easy going. The interview lasted for a little over 30 mins."
Interviewed on:
Nov 6, 17
Final Decision:
"Completed my interview. It lasted for 25 minutes. Questions asked: 1. Why MBA? 2. What do you think is a good leadership style? 3. What is your Short term goal? 4. What is your long term goal? 5. Why UNC? 6. If you were given an opportunity to make a team of 5, what qualities would you like to see? 7. What is your greatest achievement? 8. Do you have any questions for me? 9. How will you describe UNC in three words? Overall experience was good."
India
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 17
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had an interview yesterday with someone from the Admissions Team. It was the last day of open interviews and it was blind so I didn't know I would be interviewing with him and he only had my resume. It was very conversational and the first 10 minutes were just questions about my background, motivations for my college major, why I ended up in education. After the first maybe ten minutes he eased into Why Flagler, Why MBA, short & long term goals, the interesting thing was that he didn't necessarily directly ask the questions in the way you'd expect which made it comfortable. It felt very natural and low pressure. My advice would be to have rock solid answers for Why Flagler, Why MBA and know your resume and motivations for career pivots like the back of your hand. Also have great questions about specific things you're interested in, and not anything you can find on the website. If you've spoken to current students, be sure to mention that while answering/asking questions as it shows you've been proactive in finding out more about the school and what you're interested in. Be energetic and smile! Good luck. Let me know if you have additional questions."
United States
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 18
Interviewed on:
Jan 3, 18
Final Decision:
"My interview Lasted 30 mins exact, it was extremely conversational and the interviewer was very warm and friendly. Questions asked: 1. Tell me about your childhood, what was your upbringing like? 2. Did you participate in extra curricular activities/sports in University or school? 3. Why did you choose your major (engineering) in college? 4. After college, why did you join your first company? 5. Why did you leave your first company after 1.5 years 6. Tell me about the company you are working in now 7. What is your greatest accomplishment so far in this job 8. If I call up your recommendor, what two things will he tell me are your strengths 9. What one things will he tell me are your weakness 10. What are your plans after MBA, are you going to stay in USA or go back to India 11. Tell me about the non profit you volunteer for, what motivated you to join the non profit 12. India has been growing tremendously over the last few years, has this growth also translated to growth in the non profit sector of the country? 13. Why UNC 14. Any questions for me It was a very organic interview, did not seem like the interviewer came with a list of questions that he wanted to ask. Instead he tailor made the interview according to the things that I told him."
3 years
India
Debrief posted on  Feb 2, 18
Interviewed on:
Mar 7, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Just finished my interview with Mr. Philippe Barr. Lasted 22 mins. Was conversational. I would say it went pretty well. Questions: 1. Why MBA? Why now? 2. Why KF? 3. Experience handling a team and any problems you faced? 4. How will you seek information for a task your academic advisor at KF gives you in order to complete? 5. How will you involve in KF outside of class? 6. What accomplishment are you most proud of? 7. Questions? He told that his email is available for his Skype profile in case I have more questions. But I could not find it there. Anybody have his email id? Could you please help? I would like to send him a thank you note."
India
Debrief posted on  Feb 2, 18
Interviewed on:
Mar 7, 16
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had my interview with Donna Bauman recently. Those yet to interview, here are the questions I got: 1. Walk me through your resume (worded a little differently though) 2. Why are you looking for an MBA? Where do you see your career in the future? 3. Why does KF appeal to you? 4. What are the kind of activities outside KF (she hinted towards community activities) that you have participated in? 5. What kind of teamwork experiences have you had in your professional life and what have you learned from them? 6. Is there anything you'd like to add that I haven't asked you about? 7. Any questions for me? Good luck to all applicants."
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 18
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 16
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Round 3 applicant. Just got done with a F2F interview with Ms. Brittany Craig at Taj Lands End, Mumbai. It went pretty well and was the most conversational interview I've ever attended. It was very different from the rest of the interviews I've given, in the sense that it felt very much like a free flowing conversation centred around my resume. There were no behavioural questions and there was no "Walk me through..." question. I'm listing the questions that I remember. *Brittany asked me to talk about my undergraduate school and my experience. *She then moved onto the first company I worked for and asked me what was the best project I worked in and what it taught me. *Then she asked me if I had a time machine, what is one thing I would go back and tell myself at the start of my working career *She asked me what are few qualities in me that, I think, my recommenders would have written about. *My ST and LT goals. *Then we moved onto my current work ex and there were a few back and forth questions related to that (since I run a business she wanted to understand how I would manage it once I go for my MBA, how many people report to me, who has been a great influence on my working style etc.) *Why Kenan Flagler? *Questions for her. She was on a tight schedule so each interview was strictly 30 mins long. Mine was 25 mins long with the last 5 mins reserved for my questions. It was a really good experience for me and if you know what you're about it should be easy. Hoping to crack this great school."
India
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 18
Interviewed on:
Feb 10, 16
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I just had my Skype interview (it was blind with an adcom member). It lasted for 37 mins (these interviews are intended to last around 30 mins, so I must have really talked for too long or gotten into too much detail. I had about 5 mins to ask questions). Questions were similar to the ones posted above. The only thing is that I didnt walk her through my resume, she guided me towards the areas/bullet points where she wanted to have a clarification or a more thorough answer. My overall impression was neutral. They want to know the applicant personally and make sure that s/he would be a fit, but I don't think there was a specially strong connection between my interviewer and me. Anyways, I think the interview went well, although I might have extended too much on certain answers and there were a couple of short communication glitches (another reason why it lasted longer than usual). BTW, as many people mentioned last year, they did explain the admissions process (there is 1 adcom member that reviews the online application, your interviewer assesses the interview and then a third adcom member reviews the whole application -online+interview-). Best of luck to the rest of you with your applications/interviews!"
Spain