GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kitchen magazine plans to license the use of its name by a line of coo

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SC Moderator
D
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 4
WE: Analyst (Retail)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Kitchen magazine plans to license the use of its name by a line of coo  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 18:53
Argument states "However, experts have evaluated the cookware and found it superior to all other cookware advertised in Kitchen." A can be ruled out for this reason. Also, we are not worried about a brand that's not mentioned in the Kitchen magazine. So if the comparison is with a brand not mentioned in the Kitchen's magazine then Kitchen magazine will not have any impact on its revenues because readers will not find that brand in Kitchen's magazine.

Rocket7 wrote:
Guys can anyone provide another explanation for why A is wrong. Here is what I am thinking:

Based on my understanding option A says that let's say Brand X is the best brand out there in the market and that no other brand is superior to brand X.

Now if I negate option A, it will say that Brand X is not the most superior brand out there in the market. If brand X is not the most superior brand then doesn't it create a room for thought that since brand X is not the most superior brand and if kitchen associates its name with brand X then kitchen could potentially threaten its revenues.

I understand why C is correct but I am looking for a better reason to understand why A is wrong.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Kitchen magazine plans to license the use of its name by a line of coo  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 19:19
Vyshak Truly appreciate the quick reply. However, I do have a contrary point and apologize in advance if it's annoying.

Experts have only evaluated the cookware that was advertised in the kitchen magazine, not in the entire market. So for the contrary what if there is a brand X out there that is not mentioned in the kitchen magazine and brand X is far more superior than the brand that kitchen magazine is endorsing. Wouldn't kitchen run the risk of hurting its prestige and credibility? Hence losing the trust of consumers and eventually losing advertisement revenue.

I feel it should have an impact on the kitchen regardless if kitchen mentions other brands or not. Eg. If a tech magazine does not mention Apple in its editions does not mean that the product, which this magazine is endorsing such as Microsoft is the best thing out there? Not hate to Microsoft but just making a point.

Did I stretch it too far?

Option A seems to defend the conclusion by saying indeed what kitchen is endorsing is the best cookware out there.

1. Well Begun is Half done
2. He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.
3. The night is darkest just before the dawn

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kitchen magazine plans to license the use of its name by a line of coo &nbs [#permalink] 17 Apr 2018, 19:19

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 42 posts ] 

Kitchen magazine plans to license the use of its name by a line of coo

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap