Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:41 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Chat Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Chat Moderator
Send PM
Re: Knowledge Retention [#permalink]
I've compartmentalized the part of my mind that thinks about business school and have made conquering the GMAT as a standalone goal. I know I can always apply to school later, but the GMAT is in the way. I may not make it to R2 this year...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
bb wrote:
I would just add that taking notes has helped me quite a bit - I would make notes of entire chapters/books and usually, would not go back to them (though sometimes I would study lists/memorize things that had to be memorized in grammar/etc). Writing it out or typing it out (though writing more so) helped me to retain and organize all of the material.

However, if it has been more than 6 months, I would not be able to hold it that long.... so keep that in mind - it sticks there for only so long.

I'd agree with this.

I had some fixed material for quant that I went through. I had been using that material for 2-3 years. Not just for GMAT, but other standardized tests as well. For Verbal part, where I hadn't had any previous practice, I took notes. I maintained a notebook and wrote every tough question, tip, trick, new thing I learned etc. I used to go through it every once in a while - once/twice a week. By the end of it, that notebook was mapped to my brain. Conclusion - repetition really helps.
Chat Moderator
Send PM
Yes, I think the key is that these guides are customized for what the individual person needs.

Others like SlingFox made great guides, but it would be better for me to create a customized guide for what I forget and what traps I fall for.
GMAT Club Bot