Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Last 4 weeks before the real test [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Mohater.

The main points I take back from your reply is to use tests as a way to gauge progress but not too much to estimate what score I will get. Also I think focusing on weak areas between practice tests is a great idea. I have 4 types of CAT tests left (GMAT Prep, Kaplan, MGMAT, Princeton). Is it ok to use 2 or more to gauge my progress relative to each of them? When would take the GMAT Prep ones? Why MGMAT rather than Kaplan if I focus on one?
Right now I feel like taking 2 each week (W/Sun) in this order: MGMAT, GMATPrep, MGMAT, Kaplan, MGMAT, Kaplan, MGMAT, GMATPrep. This means tossing out the Princeton tests (bought them because I thought the more tests the better, but your post is changing my perspective of things).

@Aztec
I think taking tests is the best way to get more endurance and a better way to get used to the test. Even when I do practice questions, I do them in buckets of 40, timed according to the subject (2mins each for quant questions, 1.75 for verbal). That is helping me a lot, otherwise I think I would not finish either sections on the real test.
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bluesiege wrote:
Thanks a lot Mohater.

The main points I take back from your reply is to use tests as a way to gauge progress but not too much to estimate what score I will get. Also I think focusing on weak areas between practice tests is a great idea. I have 4 types of CAT tests left (GMAT Prep, Kaplan, MGMAT, Princeton). Is it ok to use 2 or more to gauge my progress relative to each of them? When would take the GMAT Prep ones? Why MGMAT rather than Kaplan if I focus on one?
Right now I feel like taking 2 each week (W/Sun) in this order: MGMAT, GMATPrep, MGMAT, Kaplan, MGMAT, Kaplan, MGMAT, GMATPrep. This means tossing out the Princeton tests (bought them because I thought the more tests the better, but your post is changing my perspective of things).

The key with the feedback from the practice is come out with some sort of action plan to address the WHY part. Why you missed the problems you missed.

The order won't make a difference as long as the walk away from the practice exam is the same. I am partial to MGMAT, but if you derive a benefit from the Kaplan exams, that's fine.

GMATPrep does not give much feedback on the practice exams (right answer and nothing else). Most people use GMATPrep toward the end of their prep as it seems to be the closest to the real thing, and also seems to be the best estimator of the score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot