GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 08:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 15:01
Hi,

I recently sat for the official GMAT test. With a 36V/30Q, I feel like I could perform better on the Quant section. Prior to the exam I used the Kaplan study materials. I plan on studying for another 3 months to improve my skills before I take the exam again. I am considering purchasing the Manhattan Prep Advanced Quant book, but I have some concerns.

To my understanding, this book is most helpful to those already scoring pretty high (around the mid-40 range) on the Quant section. I briefly read through Manhattan's Quant Foundations book, and I was able to complete a majority of the practice problems. With that being said, is it worth it for me to purchase this book or is there a better option? I would consider their strategy set, however my ESR results showed that I performed around the same on each Quant sub-section so I'd rather have one book than 5. Bottom-line is: I'm looking for something that will help me improve in Quant overall to increase my score by at least 50 points. I tend to do better with self-study, but I am open to other mediums.

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 18:10
I think you should go from the questions in the Foundations -> The Five Math guides (Fractions & Percents, Algebra, Word Problems, Geometry, Number Properties) -> OG questions -> Advanced Quant/Jeff Sackman Sets -> GmatClub tests. You’d be surprised how useful the 5 sub-divisions are, and honestly, jumping into Advanced Quant while scoring Q30 won’t be useful because you won’t get anything out of it and you’ll end up memorizing the solutions instead of actually understanding them. You should be able to get your 50 point increase with just those 5 guides. Also be sure to focus on understanding the concepts instead of memorizing the solutions.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 18:19
I forgot to mention: I, too, also used the Manhattan guides and scored Q46 before even touching the Advanced quant. I created an error log and re-did each questions I missed. I also Focused on understanding the solutions as well rather than memorizing them. I’d also recommend jeff Sackman’s GMAT questions on Gmathacks.com. He has 800 foundational questions that tackle everything you’re likely to see and the 1000 “challenge” questions once you’re done with the 800. I used the 1000 challenge questions and thought it was helpful because it basically drilled the concepts into my brain via repetition. I’d imagine the 800 would do the same for you.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions &nbs [#permalink] 09 Jul 2018, 18:19

Manhattan Advanced Quant questions, other prep suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap