Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V23
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Masters in Germany [#permalink]
TahseenZada wrote:
Hi guys, have you thought on a regular master degree in Germany? Yes it will be 2 years but it will be for free and in a such traditional country like Germany, I think the master degree will be more valuable than a MIM. Just my opinion though. If i had few years or experience i would go with normal master in Germany. BTW, all Relevant degrees in Germany gives you 18 months to search for a job once graduated.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey there,

Thank you for the comment.:) I don't know anything about regular master programs, do they accept GMAT? I feel like MiM is something similar to MBA and it looks practical for a person who will go into business life. I am not sure though :) Btw, I have only 6 months experience, so if I had enough experience, I would probably try MBAs :)

Most of the MiM programs announces employment data -just like MBA programs- so I think that these top German schools are doing pretty good :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V23
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
The definitely are. Anyways, if you get a German degree and speak decent German, you will find a job in Germany. Going back to your question, i am not sure the regular masters would accept or need GMAT, they focus on the B.Sc.. it is very good idea if you talk with the admission people in the top schools that offer MIM and for sure you will understand if this is what you need. It is also a good idea to contact some alumni to see why they chose MIM over a regular masters. German universities are great and regular masters are nothing inferior to business schools. Of course the personalized service in the business school you won't get in regular programs. I think it is a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey guys,

The regular masters in Germany also accepts GMAT. But you can also apply with only IELTS. And as I have heard all the state varsities are of same quality, so ranking does not affect much. But I am not sure about that. But after masters in Germany, you can get 18 months visa to find a job. If you know German well, you will get job with any masters in Germany probably. So that is a plus point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the info. :) I guess I would still prefer Mannheim/WHU/EBS over other schools in Germany.
I went through some german forums and apparently a not-so-great GMAT score will put one in MMM if she/he has a good/above average GPA and semester abroad. Btw, they recently increased administration fees for non-EEA applicants. It was around 150 per semester and now 1500. Still way cheaper than private schools but 900% increase in one year. What the hell...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Yeah i am looking for the same and ebs looks a good option though

Sent from my Le X526 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum