Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: MBA in European countries? [#permalink]
beatthe800 wrote:
Thanks for reply westsidah408. :)

I am not comparing them at all. I just have concern over MBA in Europian countries (specifically France) like about post MBA job opportunities, Education Fees?
Is it necessary to learn French if one would want to do MBA from France? I am Indian having exp of 3 yrs as of now.
I also have concern , is fall and spring admits are there in france? Here I get lots of information for US universities but very few posts are related to this.
Where do I get all this stuff related to my concern.

Thanks in advance.

What are your post-MBA goals (function, industry, location etc.)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
If you consider looking for the job in the European union, eithout an European union citizenship, during the the current economic climate in Europe.. think twice.

Otherwise if you are seriously planning on getting back to India, a degree from top school in Europe pretty mich gives you the same opportunities as one from a top school in the USA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Send PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but if a candidate gets accepted into Insead, then he/she can choose placement in USA firms as well. It wont be as flexible as doing an MBA from USA and visiting firms, but the option still exists to accept an offer from a USA firm and not be restricted to France.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the great replies..

@westsidah408: I have IT background. I would like to do in either IT or Finance Industry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@Ivan91 Anyway we cant predict economy of any country. Currently its going through bad everywhere. As per my knowledge its still somewhat stable in France. And there Universities has created great reputation. So what are the Visa extension chances post MBA in France for non European citizen.?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
From my understanding, you would need to know French to work in France. And US firms do recruit out of INSEAD and LBS etc., but it would be a LOT easier to get work in the US by going to school in the US.

I don't know enough about the exact nature of recruiting in the EU but I reckon that going to a top school like IESE or INSEAD should put you in a strong position. That said, definitely talk to students, alumni and career centers at your target schools to find out more specific details about this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot again :) Will definitely work on that..
Does anybody know abt Emlyon Edhec Granabole Universities post MBA opportunities.?
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
beatthe800 wrote:
@Ivan91 Anyway we cant predict economy of any country. Currently its going through bad everywhere. As per my knowledge its still somewhat stable in France. And there Universities has created great reputation. So what are the Visa extension chances post MBA in France for non European citizen.?

Totally agree. Plus, even though we tend to view Europe as a bloc, it simply isn't. The situation is different in every country, sometimes even every city, and you also need to think about your industry and the players in the market. The fact is that ultimately, if you are good and you graduate from a good program there are jobs to be had, because even if the overall "economy is bad" (which does not always have something to do with job markets) there can still be plenty of opportunities.

Originally posted by Admissionado on 27 Mar 2013, 05:18.
Last edited by Admissionado on 29 Mar 2013, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
beatthe800 wrote:

Totally agree. Plus, even though we tend to view Europe as a bloc, i simply isn't. The situation is different in every country, sometimes even every city, and you also need to think about your industry and the players in the market. The fact is that ultimately, if you are good and you graduate from a good program there are jobs to be had, because even if the overall "economy is bad" (which does not always have something to do with job markets) there can still be plenty of opportunities.

You are totally right that EU countries are quite different. Thousands of years of history cannot be erradicated after 40 years unity..
I am only saying that the situation in the Union is..crazy. In the UK, phd students are competing with undergraduates for analyst positions. In Spain, the unemployment is above 20%. Italy does not have a government. In the East European members, though financially stable countries with little debt, the average salary is $400 per month. Cyprus almost went bankrupt and Greece is still on the verge of going bankrupt. Germany bails out the above countries all the time so who knows what happens with Germany in the near future.
All I am saying is that the Union is in real trouble and its difficult to find a good job, especially straight after school.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ivan91 wrote:
I am only saying that the situation in the Union is..crazy. In the UK, phd students are competing with undergraduates for analyst positions. In Spain, the unemployment is above 20%. Italy does not have a government. In the East European members, though financially stable countries with little debt, the average salary is $400 per month. Cyprus almost went bankrupt and Greece is still on the verge of going bankrupt. Germany bails out the above countries all the time so who knows what happens with Germany in the near future.
All I am saying is that the Union is in real trouble and its difficult to find a good job, especially straight after school.

Oh things are a mess no doubt. I totally agree with you, but I just wanted to point out that before anybody just blanket nullifies applying to an European program, it's better to look at what is going on in specific industries in specific countries. For example I know quite a lot of Industrial and Chemical Engineers that are finding amazing jobs in Germany and the Netherlands most notably, and these countries are even seeking to "import" a lot of highly skilled foreign workers... so it is just one example, but it's always worth checking more specifically by your goals than worrying about "all of of Europe" methinks...
GMAT Club Bot