Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: mbaMission consultants in Finance [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi,

While it's often appealing at first to work with a consultant who went to a program you are aiming for, and it certainly can't hurt, we would also encourage you to consider the types of applicants that a particular consultant may work with most often (which might correlate some with their own background, though not necessarily) and their strengths at helping that type of applicant present themselves in the best way possible. A given consultant may have graduated from xyz school 10+ years ago, let's say, but may have been helping large numbers of applicants with backgrounds similar to yours to draw out their strengths and successfully apply to a number of top schools consistently year upon year and as recently as this past cycle. Our focus is on YOU, and helping you tell your story-- no matter what school we went to, or even what school you are applying to (though that is taken into consideration where it makes sense). Every year even our most experienced consultants work on a wide variety of applications and schools, and the applicants can be equally successful whether the consultant has worked with applicants to that program frequently or less so, because our job is to draw you out, figure out what your story is, and help you tell that in the most clear and compelling way.

Rachel is a Columbia MBA grad and an excellent consultant as well. Her background is in journalism, and she has expertise in talking to people with technical (including finance) backgrounds and helping them articulate complex details in a way that is accessible to a general audience. In terms of consultants with the most experience working with clients with financial backgrounds including PE, we generally think of Erin, Monica, and Helen, but again any of the consultants should be able to help you put together the strongest application possible. I suggest you start with the free consult with the consultant of your choice (you'll have the opportunity to select based upon availability etc when you register) and then go from there. Might as well start the conversation and see how it goes! ;)

Let us know what else we can help with and good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jen, I was looking for reviews for mbaMission consultant, Erin Foley Schuhmacher, you told me about but I could not find any reviews about her on the gmatclub.

84 reviews for mbaMIssion but none of them mention Erin.
Here is the link to all of them: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/mbamission-10

Can you please direct me to another source (besides those on mbaMission website) where I can find reviews and learn more about her.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,

I will see if there are other sources for info or references from Erin, will follow up this week. I also encourage you to keep in mind that while GMATClub.com is a great resource with extensive info and we do get a lot of clients who learn about us on GMATClub, a large portion of our clients are just not on GMATClub at all (and therefore not posting reviews etc). While it's always great to get 'reviews' on goods and services (I'm right there with ya, love to look up reviews!), it isn't always as easy to find extensive 3rd-party hosted reviews on every consultant in an industry like admissions consulting, simply because clients either need to be already active on a site like this and think to post/review, or be encouraged to do so by their consultant (which some consultants encourage, others do not), and in actuality there are a lot of MBA applicants who don't spend time on specific websites like GMATClub, or use a variety of GMAT prep sites and reviews can be fragmented or non-existent. (Plus if you think about it, admissions consultants have not been around as long as say, hair stylists, or even physicians-- and there are plenty of those that you cannot even find reviews for online, even though we would all love to see thorough reviews on every service professional we go to). That said we consistently send feedback surveys to every client of ours and do track feedback and client satisfaction, and we encourage you to chat with the consultant you are thinking of for your free profile eval before you sign up.

I'll see if there is any further info I can provide at all and in the meantime I do encourage you to schedule your free consult. If for some unlikely reason you don't feel the consultant you work with during the consult is right for you, you do not have to stay with them for the actual admissions consulting, we will work with you to be sure you are comfortable with your consultant.

On a side note, I believe Monica and Helen are both mentioned among the reviews here on the site, if that is at all useful. ;)

Best,
Jen
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi again,

I wanted to share that we actually just launched our brand new website this week, www.mbamission.com, and we have an updated profile page for each consultant, including bio, testimonials where available, and video interview clips with the consultant. Since you were asking more about Erin, her page is at https://www.mbamission.com/about.php?dis ... chuhmacher, and there is a whole page of testimonials from our client feedback surveys and follow up emails re: her work at https://www.mbamission.com/about.php?dis ... chuhmacher.

You can also review info on the rest of the team at https://www.mbamission.com/about.php?display=team.

Hope that helps! Excited for you to get started on the process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jen, Just need some more info. Can you please check you Inbox ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Glad to hear that you found one of our admissions consultants you are happy with! Wishing you all the best, and keep me posted. :)
Moderator:
1452 posts