Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
btw what was ur undergrad. degree in? how did you feel about ur quant and verbal when you started ur preparation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yo Taj. My undergrad degree was a B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan. When I started studying for the math, I was like "Crap, how do you do this stuff again?" I should have done better on the Quan, but the number properties non-sense always threw me off. The data-sufficieny gave me problems sometimes too. I always felt real comfortable with the Verbal. I would get most of them right while practicing in the OG book. I was worried about getting a reading section that had an obscure topic which I couldn't easily read. Thankfully this didn't happen.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have just started studying for the GMAT and I am comfortable with verbal too. But my quant, especially the DS is terrible. I am thinking to take the test in June. Do you think I have enough time to prepare? I am not thinking of taking any GMAT courses, just the textbooks. Besides, I am going for full time at school :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think 2+ months is definitly enough time. Just be consistent with your studying from now until then There isn't a whole lot more you can do. I didn't take a class. I took a Kaplan one for the LSAT 4 years ago and didn't find it that helpful. As long as you have the discipline to study on your own, the books and cds are all you need. The Official Guide is the best book out there and you should definitely revolve your studying around that and computer-based tests.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulation wolverine on your great score!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulation Wolverine,
It is good score man. Could you please tell us the difficulty level of PS and DS compare to OG 11. Your posting will be highly appreciated. Good luck.

ma466
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hmmm. It is kind of hard to remember exactly. I obviously got some wrong towards the beginning of the test because the questions started getting too easy. I was seriously worried that I totally bombed the section. So basically, if they start getting easy, it doesn't automatically mean that you did awful. I got the 71% when I thought I was doing really bad and I was just not doing that good. The questions were comparable to the OG book. Many of them were on the easy side compared to the book, but thats because I obvisouly got some of the more challenging ones wrong. I also didn't manage my time very well, I spent too much time on a couple questions and had to rush through the second half of the section.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Grats Wolvie! Awesome score, buddy.

Go BUCKS!!!! :twisted:

(2001 OSU grad)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
At least you're a Big Ten man.

Not In the Tounament Final Four. MSG here we come!

Someday we will make the real tournament and it will be a joyous occasion.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts