Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 01:28 It is currently 10 May 2024, 01:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [5]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 620 Q41 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q40 V38
GMAT 3: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 4: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 423 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [2]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: My GMAT Battle: 620 – 640 – 630 – 700 [#permalink]
Kudos
Man are you devoted or what. Going from 640 to 630 and still not giving up. :good

Half the time i don't know what to study. I'm still in the process of sorting out my schedule. Really wish someone had a legit GMAT planner to follow back on.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 974 [1]
Given Kudos: 264
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Send PM
Kudos
rsampson wrote:
More than anyone else, I owe my success to Rajeev. At the beginning of this year, he taught me what to study and how to study it. He also encouraged me. More than anything else, that is how my score went from 630 to 700. My deepest gratitude and thanks to Rajeev.

Hey Buddy, that's you being magnanimous and humble but the score is a reflection of your sincerity, hard work and perseverance...I am testimony to the hard work put in by you in spite of failures. Hats off to you buddy! I was actually praying that you get success this time because you had put in so much of effort and i wanted that it should pay off now. Rather i can't tell you how happy and satisfied i felt when i came to know the score.

rsampson wrote:
Sorry about this long debrief. I hope I described well what I had to do to succeed and I hope this in some way helps and encourages others. Most things in life that are worth anything take hard work. Believe it, you can do it!

Buddy, your debrief is long because you have so much of experience on quant that you have gained in last so many months and that you want to share with everybody else. I think you have actually designed a detailed study plan for all those struggling big time with quant. i agree with you on all the points you have mentioned from ser 1 to 19. Many thanx for writing such a wonderful and detailed debrief.
Good luck to you Rick for the future and all i want to say in the end is :-
Buddy, you have a fire in you that i haven't seen in many people and i am sure you will scale dizzy heights in the days to come.
Best wishes
Rajeev
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
qweert thanks for the vote of support. Yeah, there were times when I hit rock bottom and felt like giving up. The important thing is to pick yourself up and keep going. I promise you, if you don't give up you will reach your goal.

qweert wrote:
Man are you devoted or what. Going from 640 to 630 and still not giving up. :good

Half the time i don't know what to study. I'm still in the process of sorting out my schedule. Really wish someone had a legit GMAT planner to follow back on.

I know what you mean. That was my exact problem for several months. As I said, my good friend Rajeev showed me the way. I recommend that you map out a plan of how you are going to approach prepping for it and then of course stick to it. The plan that I used worked well for me. Everyone is different, but it is possible the approach I used would work for you also.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
rajeevrks27 wrote:
Rather i can't tell you how happy and satisfied i felt when i came to know the score.

I owe it to you my good friend. Your encouragement and prayers lifted me up when I needed it. Thank you so very much.

rajeevrks27 wrote:
i am sure you will scale dizzy heights in the days to come.

Thank you again Buddy. Positive and encouraging good friends like you have shown me now that anything is possible. You told me once to not give up on my dreams. Thank you for restoring my faith in my dreams...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you pls tell us which specific Jeff Sackman's book you happen to use. Is that the 1800 problem set [~200$] or the total gmat math [~50$] or just the specific section challenge problem, like just algebra [~20$] etc. The package is expensive and would like to know which one you recommended below.

Thanks

rsampson wrote:
Jeff Sackman’s practice sets are also very, very, good for practice. I also Jeff’s practice problems for Algebra.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
rsampson wrote:
Yeah, it was an incredible feeling seeing that 700 come up on the screen. I could hardly believe it and thought it must have been some kind of cruel joke. But, when they gave me the hard copy of the score report I knew it was really true. So, it can be done. It takes an awful lot of work, but it really can be done.

Congrats!!! Hard work pays off! I still remember the day seeing that 7xx score on the screen. I stood up trying to see if there was anyone else around to verify what I was seeing, and sat down again to see the screen again to make sure my eyes didn't play any trick on me. One of the best feelings ever personally.
GMAT Club Bot