Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:11 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4719 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 545 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Schools:Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Send PM
Re: My study plan [#permalink]
Do maintain an error log and check to see if there is a pattern to your incorrect answers. Then use it to improve in your weak areas. After taking CATS it would help to go through all the questions. For incorrect ones try to understand the concepts. Do not skip the questions you answered correctly. Check if you have selected the correct choice for right reasons. Some times you will find better/quicker ways to solve questions. Hope this helps and good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have just recently started studying for the GMAT. Below is my approach.

I purchased all the Manhattan GMAT books, and OG11. I will get the 1000sc and 1000rc later on.

OG11 has:
1- 249 problem solving questions
2- 155 Data Sufficiency questions
3- 141 Reading comprehension questions
4- 124 Critical reasonning questions
5- 138 sentence correction questions

I strongly believe that EVERY ONE OF THESE PROBLEMS should be completed. the first few questions are always easy but I still do them to get use to the format.

so there are 404 math questions and 403 verbal questions.

Depending on the time allocated to your studies you can probably tackle around 20 math questions/ day and 20 verbal questions/day. This should take approximatly 20 week days to complete OG11. It would take around 2 hours/day to complete the questions and go through the answers.

Each weekend, I take 2 CATs (one saturday and one Sunday)...

I believe that this plans covers all the basic needed to get a decent score (650+). I will keep everyone posted as to my final GMAT score. :-D
I am still studying for the exam and so far so good. I don't feel too exhausted from it, and I have learned so much with this learning plan.
I have a GMAT test target of 01/31/08

Any Thoughts from GMAT experts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V45
Send PM
I can't consider myself an expert on anything I haven't done yet (eg the GMAT :-D ) but from my prep I can say that you have a solid study plan. However, I think you have some pretty conservative estimates regarding how many OG problems can be done in a day. 20/20 may be right when you get down to the more difficult questions, but in the beginning you should be able to blow through them pretty quickly. In that way OG can be done in less than 20 days if you're pressed for time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
I'm certainly no expert, but I found it really useful to tackle one "subject" per day (I only had about 10 days to study)...I'd do about 80 questions in that subject every day. By the end of my session, I felt MUCH more confident about that subject and was able to carry that over to my test.

p.s. - by subject, I mean "Data Sufficiency", "Problem Solving", "Sentence Completion", etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
eschn3am wrote:
I can't consider myself an expert on anything I haven't done yet (eg the GMAT :-D ) but from my prep I can say that you have a solid study plan. However, I think you have some pretty conservative estimates regarding how many OG problems can be done in a day. 20/20 may be right when you get down to the more difficult questions, but in the beginning you should be able to blow through them pretty quickly. In that way OG can be done in less than 20 days if you're pressed for time.

I agree with you. As you said I am being conservative, as not everyone is at the same level at first. This seems to be the plan that works for me as I currently work full time and have to care for my 1 YO daughter (who knew they could wreck so much in such a little playing ground?)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4719 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V35
Send PM
eschn3am wrote:
looks like a good plan to me. Make sure you spend plenty of time going over the questions you get wrong. That's at least, if not more, important than doing new questions for the first time. How are the 1000CR and 1000RC? I'm 1/4 of the way through 1000SC and I'm liking it so far.

I really like the 1000SC. As for the 1000CR, i find that really good as well. I haven't done much from the 1000Rc, but I do see it good so far. Although I shouldn't be skipping any of them, i always find myself managing to complete all the subjects for the day except for the RC. by the time i open the RC, i wouldn't have the energy to read the whole text critically. hmm...do you think if i improve my skills on all the subjects except for the RC, I could still end up with a good score on the gmat? my accuracy rate on RC is usually about 50%.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V45
Send PM
I'm sure you could still get a good score without RC if you nailed everything else, but I think that trying to struggle through RC at the end of the day could help. Verbal is the last section of the test so you'll probably be tired and worn out towards the end of the section. Practicing RC and things like that when you're in the same state of mind seems like a great idea. Maybe it will even build up mental stamina so that you never get tired on the real test.
GMAT Club Bot