Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management
Schools:Harvard, Penn, Maryland
 Q45  V41 GMAT 2: 760  Q48  V47
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Re: Need advice about retake of the GMAT [#permalink]
dk94588 wrote:
so if you decide to reject your scores after you complete the test, everyone can still see them?

after you finish the test, you get asked a few questions before you can see your score. at one point, you are asked if you want to report your scores or not. if you hit "yes", then the 5 schools you chose in the beginning + any future schools you submit your scores to will be able to see your scores. if you hit "no", then the test is essentially voided. you will never know what score you got, and any future schools will only see that you sat for the test, but cancelled your score.

Quote:

Also, i read the MGMAT SC guide cover to cover, and it was helpful, but I think the really hard ones, especially the ones with concision and tricky rules that weren't fully clear in the book, are the ones I am having trouble with. Any other material?

try taking some of the MGMAT full length tests, and concentrate on the explanations for any SC -type questions that you get wrong. the main reason i like the MGMAT tests is because of the excellent explanations they offer

Quote:
Also, any tips for gameday?

Thanks

at some point, you have to realize that you can only learn so much information. how well you do on the test is governed not only by the amount of info you know/remember, but also by other intangibles such as confidence/mindset going into the test. if you go into the test scared, reluctant, willing to make excuses (it was too cold, monitor was too bright, girl next to me was too loud), then more than likely you'll do poorly. get mad, get serious on gameday - just go out there and have faith in your abilities to do well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ok cool thanks for your help.

sorry i didnt answer your first question. There was an opportunity to enter a spring admission program, and since I didn't want to stay out of the game too long, I decided to take the minimum 9 credits for this spring, but I plan on applying to some high-name schools after I take the GMAT again saturday, or maybe in the next couple years.

As for work experience, I have been doing construction since graduating high school. Had some management responsibilities last year, made like $61,000 or so for 2009, but I'm not sure how they gauge "qualified work experience." I have a new job now, doing pretty much the same thing but more managerial responsibilities that are supposed to start soon. So I mean it might be smart to keep working and finish the program I'm in and apply around to some other schools after another year or two. I just got my grades in and got just over a 3.75 GPA. It was at a second-tier school, business major.

Any advice is good, but, as many people say, the 800 doesn't mean much, but it would be nice. Anything over 730-740 completes the requirement I suppose.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
I assume you have seen this post, but just in case for others reading this: should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts