Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need immediate help. [#permalink]
Thanks for quick reply. I have all Manhattan and all OG books. I have bought CR bible too. I,m tring to focus on verbal and quant both. At verbal i do 75% correct on CR but SC and RC killing me. I don't have the book gmat aristotle sc grail and i don't have time to order because shipping will take another week, so what to do?

When i should appear practice exam?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Try and see if you can also purchase Aristotle RC Sets 1 and 2 for practice in the Reading Comprehension department. This are very good sources of practice for questions of this type.
SVP
SVP
If you already have the Manhattan guides, then put a great deal of effort and time into the Manhattan SC guide (as already mentioned). The Manhattan RC guide is okay, but I personally prefer lots of question practice for RC preparation. Since your CR is decent, focus on SC and RC as much as possible.

I think that the Aristotle stuff is PDF format, right? If so, then "delivery" should be very quick, if not instantaneous. Plus, it might be easier to follow at your current verbal level.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
suraiyaa wrote:
Thanks for quick reply. I have all Manhattan and all OG books. I have bought CR bible too. I,m tring to focus on verbal and quant both. At verbal i do 75% correct on CR but SC and RC killing me. I don't have the book gmat aristotle sc grail and i don't have time to order because shipping will take another week, so what to do?

When i should appear practice exam?

Hi suraiyaa,

If you already know your strong/weak points, I'd say don't do a practice test until you know you've made some good progress on your weak sections. That means you already dedicated 3-5 days to each of those sections focusing ONLY on that section. Don't simply do a practice test for the sake of seeing where you stand.

Make progress first, then see where you stand.

There are both short and long term approaches to improving your RC.

You can also reference this ebook: some-of-you-requested-it-so-here-it-is-a-120-page-ebook-112282.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm wondering as i have very short time should i study both GMATClub's Ultimate Grammar guide and Aristotle SC Grail? Which one would be better? I'm tring to focus on MGMAT Sc guide and slove OG at the same time. Do you think i need to study on those books too?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
The Manhattan SC guide along with the OG would be your best option given how much time you have... I would also recommend postponing the GMAT to when you are ready....
Retired Moderator
Send PM
The manhattan SC guide will take a lot of time to finish . It's worth it though .

However if you are running short of time I'd suggest you do the Aristotle sc grail followed by all the OG questions . The aristotle sc grail doesn't go in that much detail as the manhattan SC guide , but it's a really good book nevertheless

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have only 21 days. I like to appear gmat before 5th june and i got only one date 15th may. I don't need higher score, The school i would like to apply 500+ is ok, so i need 500+. All i understand i need to improve my SC. IS the Aristotle SC Grail is explanation of OG problems?
SVP
SVP
suraiyaa wrote:
All i understand i need to improve my SC. IS the Aristotle SC Grail is explanation of OG problems?

The best explanations for OG problems will come from the OG books themselves (the answers and explanations are located in the back). Another excellent source is GMATClub's Sentence Correction Question Directory, which has lots of questions and discussions.

But that might not be enough for you to reach your goal. And that's why so many of us are urging you to reread the Manhattan SC guidebook or use the Aristotle SC Grail. The guidebooks are there for you to acquire the conceptual understanding and skills to successfully answer the OG (as you probably already know). Don't worry about whether they specifically answer the OG questions. You have the OG for that!

At this point, the conversation has become somewhat repetitive. I doubt that you will get much more value out of this thread anymore. It's time for you to (1) review guidebooks and (2) use the OG.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
It appears that verbal offers the biggest challenge and the most potential for improvement. So I advise you to put most of your effort into the verbal section. Don't neglect math, however.

You didn't provide specifics regarding your previous preparation (guidebooks, practice tests, etc.) and there isn't too much time left, so let's focus on the basics. In my opinion, a good study would include:

1. Manhattan SC - Read as many times as possible
2. Powerscore CR Bible
3. OG Verbal and OG 13

If time or money constraints prevent you from pursuing this strategy, then use free practice questions here, CR strategies here, and SC strategies here. For affordable guides on SC, also look into the GMATClub's Ultimate Grammar guide or Aristotle SC Grail.

Between the annihilating fierceness of personal ambition and those who clutter its path, there is only one possible mediator, and that is love.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Aristotle prep has this really nice e book called one minute explanation for all the OG SC questions , so you could try that out if the explanations in the OG are not clear to you

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
GMAT Club Bot