Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:11 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: SMU '21 (S)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6863 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6863 [1]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Next step after completing concepts verbal [#permalink]
Hey Andrew

Thank you so much for taking out the time really you pumped me up

I have been doing the E. Gmat course and their questions have been really putting me off , so as you say I’ll start quant Monday onwards and then every alternate day keep practising let’s say set of 20 questions to keep the verbal mind ticking right ?

Thank you , sometimes we just need some sound advice as the test is full of anxiety
Also in how much time from now should I write the test realistically given that I need to spend a considerable amount doing practise tests , error analysis and entire quant section

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6863 [0]
Expert Reply
Glad you feel encouraged, Nitish. Yes, working in a 20-question Verbal set here and there can be enough to keep you sharp for a while. Just relish the opportunity to take official questions. If you look at it as a chore, then you will go through them blindly and not get as much from the experience. Once you get into Quant and have reached a point at which you consider your gains acceptable, and your performance has plateaued or stalled somewhat, then it will be important to practice full-length tests to get a feel for how you will be likely to perform on test day. Some students start this process months in advance, others just weeks. It depends on how prepared they may be and on what their target scores may be, how well they are performing relative to that target. I think your Verbal prep is nearing its logical conclusion (in terms of content, maybe not in terms of timing). When you feel as though your Quant understanding is reaching a similar level, and with at least one practice test under your belt, you might want to consider setting a test date. (Just keep in mind, once again, that you will likely never feel fully prepared. You are just playing probabilities, after all, and your practice exam scores will give you a good range for predicting your actual score, nothing more.)

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Andrew you really did put spirits high , I’ll get started accordingly

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear guys

I started my prep with EGMAT on october 24th and finished verbal with all concepts and practise around 10th december.
I solved OG not timed with good accuracy . I started studying math a week ago as i have been on a business trip to china as well, I have finished almost half of the math topics with simultaneously solving OG

EGMAT helped clear my concepts alot but then when i practised i didnt score high, i however always had the fear of giving the mock as my first mock i abandoned and i just gave one today provided i know quite alot about the GMAT now ,but horrific are my first free test results offered by the two free mocks in the mba.com page.

I am totally devastated my current prep is that i have been out of touch with the GMAT verbal practise wise for 20 days now and currently working on quant with half math syllabus over.

The only positive right now is that the fear of test taking has gone away and i have clarity in where i stand in my prep .

I am really lost and really need some guidance with what can i do forward as i really really wanted to get a 650+ by february ending

I think i know concepts well but have been out of practise with verbal and havent finished quant ?

I also do not wish to renew EGMAT course as its too lengthy and detailed and i feel that has cost me alot more time on unnecessary note taking and revisions which didnt help much as revising or not i landed at the same point with wasting two months more ..

I have recently purchased the experts global 15 mocks tests
and I have 2020 og
2019 og
2020 verbal and quant for review
and the gmat club

can someone please help me with the most effective way to improve my score at my current 450 level which stated 16 incorrect questions in verbal and 10 incorrect in math

do you think i can get a 650+ by feb ending

i am totally shatered please any advice would be a life saver , i dont want to purchase more material etc as i have already wasted enough money , just someone with a genuine advice would help alot , i am willing to put 8 hours a day of prep if that is what it takes to get me the 650+ i need

KIND REGARDS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Andrew do you offer tutoring as well , I am going to revise all verbal and then start and take the steps you have highlighted once again thanks a lot for your response and if you do offer tutoring then please let me know as you understand what’s happening with me and it would be great to work under supervision as well else it’s okay I’ll take everything you have mentioned to heart and get started

GMAT Club Bot