Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
On the other hand [#permalink]
Expert Reply
On the other hand, Lois, the more I think about this.... I have not heard of anybody jumping a huge leap in a few days. Most of the people get exactly the same score (no wonder, they measure the same level).

I know one person who improved slightly but the lower score was a result of stressed night and meager sleep.

I think for your comfort taking once again will be benefitial, at least psychologically - you will be sure there is a problem with the prep, not the test or test taking. It would be better to not put much stake at the second attempt and just take it in a relaxed but focused state of mind.

Just an idea :idea:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the reply...

I did three of the Kaplan tests on the CD. 640 was my highest score, which is pretty good according to what I've seen other people score.

[If you have not done the OG prior to taking the PP, your score should be very close to the range you have mentioned. The third and forth attempts of 770 and 760 are not valid since PP has only questions for 2.5 tests - while doing those you were doing repeat questions. Though the results are good - you have done a good analysis of the questions you have missed. ]

I assume you mean official guide (OG). When I took Powerprep's test for the first time, I had studied and worked on Kaplan's and Princeton Review's. The first test was a 700, and I don't remember seeing any of the questions before, although I had worked on some of the OG's problems. Same for the second test (650- 50Q, 31V). You are right, I know that the last two attempts are not valid because I had already looked at some of the questions.

Is there another good CD out there? How about ARCO's or something like that? Still, none of the sample tests I have taken include probability(except for a few very basic questions).

The $200 are not a problem. I don't mind spending them again and retaking the exam. The thing is that now I don't know if I am ready (I thought I was). I am sure that I blocked because of being nervous...that definetely had a lot to do with it (although again, I don't like to use excuses). I think if I can keep a clear mind going into the test, I should do better. However, being limited to 5 exams per year and only once per month limits my options. I just want to "get it over with" (classic quote from my boxing days!)

My other concern (besides whether or not I have prepared enough) is that I could probably be torturing myself too much: I have an exam tomorrow-my final class of another master's, the thought of being behind schedule on my thesis, and having to prepare for the GMAT.

Thanks guys...I think I'll sign up for next month, although I moght not put as much effort this time around as I did the first time (I can't afford to have the GMAT control my life, you know?)

Thanks for the advice. I think I need to relax and not be as persistent...who knows...
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Luis wrote:
Thanks for the reply...

I did three of the Kaplan tests on the CD. 640 was my highest score, which is pretty good according to what I've seen other people score.

[If you have not done the OG prior to taking the PP, your score should be very close to the range you have mentioned. The third and forth attempts of 770 and 760 are not valid since PP has only questions for 2.5 tests - while doing those you were doing repeat questions. Though the results are good - you have done a good analysis of the questions you have missed. ]

I assume you mean official guide (OG). When I took Powerprep's test for the first time, I had studied and worked on Kaplan's and Princeton Review's. The first test was a 700, and I don't remember seeing any of the questions before, although I had worked on some of the OG's problems. Same for the second test (650- 50Q, 31V). You are right, I know that the last two attempts are not valid because I had already looked at some of the questions.

Is there another good CD out there? How about ARCO's or something like that? Still, none of the sample tests I have taken include probability(except for a few very basic questions).

The $200 are not a problem. I don't mind spending them again and retaking the exam. The thing is that now I don't know if I am ready (I thought I was). I am sure that I blocked because of being nervous...that definetely had a lot to do with it (although again, I don't like to use excuses). I think if I can keep a clear mind going into the test, I should do better. However, being limited to 5 exams per year and only once per month limits my options. I just want to "get it over with" (classic quote from my boxing days!)

My other concern (besides whether or not I have prepared enough) is that I could probably be torturing myself too much: I have an exam tomorrow-my final class of another master's, the thought of being behind schedule on my thesis, and having to prepare for the GMAT.

Thanks guys...I think I'll sign up for next month, although I moght not put as much effort this time around as I did the first time (I can't afford to have the GMAT control my life, you know?)

Thanks for the advice. I think I need to relax and not be as persistent...who knows...

I don't think ARCO is a good choice for GMAT tests. I would avoid Peterson as well, actually. I think 800 score would be your best choice out there. https://www.800score.com/ They sell downloadable tests, for about $20 or so.

See, if you take the second test and be more relaxed, you will for sure know what the problem is or for sure can guess what the problem may be :lol: Hardly ever can be sure with the GMAT.

Neah, studying for Master's, writing a thesis, having fun, and trying to write admissions essays have no influence on your preparation :o
Obviously, that load sounds like a problem, at least to me.... I am not a very multi-tasking person. (Can't talk to me as I am carrying something. I will have to drop it to reply. I hate when store assistants try to talk to me :lol: ) Not that bad, but I do prefer to focus on one problem and fully eradicate it. Not that i was ever able to really focus, but still, I prfer it that way.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts