Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
ST1705 wrote:
@Nick79: I share the same sentiments... if it's of any consolation to you, quite a few of us are in the same boat.

Agreed...it's just that the idea of going through this type of stress again is really depressing. Anyway, let's just think positive :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ukyo wrote:
wow, someone here in the US likes WorldCup, that is good.

I too hope WorldCup can keep me away from my email for a while.

arruhbee wrote:
The only way I won't be freaking out is by obsessing over the WorldCup. It starts tomorrow guys!! WOO-HOO.

... as a matter of fact, the World Cup will make me freak out A LOT MORE than the anticipation over the admission decision. I'm biting my finger nails already! It all starts tomorrow! It's on!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I guess it is expected that 'We-the-waiting' feel a bit anxious. However, there are close to 600 seats, and I doubt if they have sent out offers for even a small portion of it this week. I would really like to know how many offers have been made etc in each section.

Yesterday night I compiled a spreadsheet and profiles from this thread, and there are only like 20 or so applicants with profiles in this thread. Less than 10 of those have gotten admits so far, including ChickenDinner's coworker. So I guess there are still plenty of seats to be announced, and as long as we have good credentials/history/whatnot, I guess we all stand a good chance. I shall post the spreadsheet as a google doc tonight, open for updates by all.

I am still curious about the make up of the ad-com. Would that be made up of second-year students, or of professors/staff? I guess all these concerns are moot anyway. Let's keep the spirits and hope high :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
gre8 posts every1!!! here's my experience:
I submitted my application at 9:30 pm on 15th may.. and since i had to scramble at the last minute in finishing it up, I made a blunder on my resume. For my MS course i put down the dates of attendance instead of putting my graduation date, which was a year later. However, the only saving grace was that they specifically ask for your graduation dates in the educational section and the fact that I used the same pattern of putting in the attendance dates for my undergrad. I got a email from the ad com on tuesday morning to correct my resume and send them a updated copy. I revised my resume and sent it to them with the explanation and an apology!!! they emailed me within half hour to confirm and thanked me for the explanation and the quick response....

my life has become like a soap opera, filled with tons of drama heheheh lol....
On a different note, my other materails like my degree cert., transcripts, etc. were received by the school on may 17th. i got the confirmation email with the password for the status check page on may 18th.....

i think my chances of getting an admit from them went down by about 95% ughhhh
any comments on my chances of getting in the program wil be appreciated....

drsparnum wrote:
Interesting idea arruhbee. It certainly seems strange someone with a 3.9 GPA and 720
GMAT has not heard back (sorry you're getting singled out again) when I heard back with a meaningfully lower GPA (3.149, undergrad) and slightly lower GMAT (710). As stated the application process is holistic, but those other factors are sort of a black box without seeing the whole application, and all we can reasonably compare on this forum are hard numbers like GPA and GMAT, and a 3.9 is exceptional.

I can offer the following information.

I applied very early in the window for this fall's application (2/9/10), and I heard back early (Monday). If an applicant submitted his/her application close to the deadline, the ad com may not have reviewed it as thoroughly yet?

Obviously, my one data point doesn't conclusively support the possibility that they review the applications in some chronological order based on application date.

To take this idea one logical step further, I think it is unlikely to be done based on alphabetical order, because I have heard back and my last name starts with S.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread for awhile and I'd like to introduce myself. I was notified of my acceptance into the Langone program on Tuesday around noon, and I intend to enroll in the fall.

At age 30, it sounds like I'm a bit older than most applicants. I work as an actuary in the financial industry. I also own some apartment buildings in the outer boroughs and run a real estate business on the side.

Good luck to everyone who has not heard back yet. For everyone else, I look forward to meeting you!

Would anyone here (including people who both have and have not heard back and current students at Stern) be interested in meeting up for drinks some night?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jc3850 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread for awhile and I'd like to introduce myself. I was notified of my acceptance into the Langone program on Tuesday around noon, and I intend to enroll in the fall.

At age 30, it sounds like I'm a bit older than most applicants. I work as an actuary in the financial industry. I also own some apartment buildings in the outer boroughs and run a real estate business on the side.

Good luck to everyone who has not heard back yet. For everyone else, I look forward to meeting you!

Would anyone here (including people who both have and have not heard back and current students at Stern) be interested in meeting up for drinks some night?

Would you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jc3850,

I, too, was accepted into the fall class (weekends), and plan to enroll. I live in Philadelphia, but I come up to the city often; I'll be in town this coming Monday and Tuesday if you want to get drinks. I'm 27 and work in buy-side equities.

Congrats to those who've heard, and good luck to those who are still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Congrats to all the recent admits. We are a welcoming bunch here, so don't be shy to post! If you also know someone else that has been admitted, please ask them to join too.

That said, is anyone watching the WorldCup. This is quite possibly the most exciting opening match I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Except I'm listening to it on the radio because my work is blocking Adobe Flash Player. :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
good work am2010

am2010 wrote:
congrats to the new admits.

I have a spreadsheet capturing the offers etc so far, as posted in this forum. If I hear no objections, I shall be posting it as a google doc for everyone to see/add-to tomorrow.

(edited later)

okay here we go:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AszVC43jUpdadGFzRlpZZVptckNCdkdkX0VUcER5LUE&hl=en
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great idea with the spreadsheet. Here are my stats:

26/M
Languages: English/Dutch
GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.7 in Finance major
W/E: 4+ years in Real Estate finance within REIT & Investment Banking; currently Associate Director at a bank.
EC: lots of stuff; board member of non-profit foundation
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any updates from anybody?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
It is a known fact that NYU does NOT allow PT students to participate in on campus recruitment. However there is career service for working professional that does help PT students who are looking for job. I am a prospective PT student and will be a career switcher (IT to PE). I am from overly represented application pool (Indian/IT/4 years Work Exp/GMAT-740) and believe most of students from my application pool will also be career switchers.
Question I have is what extra setups/measure can I take to that will help me achieve my goal. I know networking and active participation in PE/IB clubs are some of the things I can do. However, I would be like to hear to from NYU PT students who were successful in switching their career and what did they do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
amittilak wrote:
Hello everyone
I just got the email. I got in fr the westchester campus. I'm too excitedddd!!!!
Any1 else got their update?

Posted from my mobile device

Can you share your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrats amit. Looks like this week's roll has started.

SonuK, could you post your profile + update the spreadsheet?

also sonuk, what you said probably is true for the younger candidates in the supposedly over-represented pool of Indian engineers, but among the older candidates of the same pool, the MBA is typically pursued so as to gain a wider network and for that extra capital to move into the upper-middle management. I know a few in my circle who are of the latter intention.

Curiously enough, when I attended one of the Stern info sessions, I did not see many Indian applicants. Probably less than 20 in a crowd several hundreds strong.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Congrats to the new admits!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Just now saw the admission offer letter at the website. I got into the weekend option at Washington square. I do not have access to my email at work, so I occasionally check the status site to find out. These were a tense few days, though. :)

Best of luck everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Stern.

------------------
Indian,M,37 / 710,6.0 / Civil Engg.+ comptnl sci., MS 3.72 B.Tech 7.93/ 12+yrs, sci. software, Pharma R&D informatics.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats am2010! You can enjoy the Game 6 of the NBA finals in peace tonight! I am jealous :(

Was the Washington Square weekend program your first choice?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  31