Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
I knew something was up! I called today only to find out my application wasn't even in process. Even though I faxed the document and PAID them in June. I'm only hoping that they can wrap up the entire process by August 10th, although I've heard it takes 5 weeks for them to complete it.

I guess to make sure things go smoothly, I'll start making electronic copies of my degree, W2 forms and paystubs.

On a brighter note, I got all my health forms in!!

Lastly, congrats to the recent admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is the Kroll process supposed to be done by the 10th? That seems like a quick turn around considering some of you are saying it takes 2 months... as I just received my admissions packet on Thursday and submitted the signed form on Monday.
I am guessing it takes a lot longer if you are international? I am from the US, so hopefully it will not take that long!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
arruhbee,

Did you call Kroll? I had received some communication from Kroll (sent all that info in mid-June), but my application status check page (the one that informed me of the admission, not the 'new student tour' page) now asks me to 'initiate the Kroll process' ! I hope it's just an un-updated message, for the Kroll process has already started for me, and Kroll staff have asked for undergrad degree cert copies many weeks back, and the fee for Kroll paid. No further communication from Kroll for the last several weeks though.

I called the admissions office and they asked me to email my questions to them than to call.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
indiglo789 wrote:
Is the Kroll process supposed to be done by the 10th? That seems like a quick turn around considering some of you are saying it takes 2 months... as I just received my admissions packet on Thursday and submitted the signed form on Monday.
I am guessing it takes a lot longer if you are international? I am from the US, so hopefully it will not take that long!

I re-read the supplement on the Kroll verification process and it says that your final verification must be completed in order for you to be eligible to take classes. So I'm guessing that means that your information has to be in by September 20th...EEK! You do need to begin the Kroll process no later than three weeks from the receipt of your admission letter.

I called Kroll to find out why I hadn't received any correspondence. If you have received something from them, you will have to talk to NYU about the status as Kroll isn't allowed to provide updates once the process has been initiated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so I guess unless there's some documentation pending from the applicant, the onus is on Kroll to finish the verification in a timely manner. As long as one has initiated it soon and provided all docs they have asked for, I would not worry about it then. In the real world, however, I would certainly keep my tabs on this process, to make sure that it's proceeding as expected.

So Kroll wont talk, and NYU would not know till the process is completed. Nice chicken-egg/catch-22?
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
international students

how do you do your health forms? try to find the health history? I probably need to have my doctor here check everything again. ah, another task...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ukyo wrote:
international students

how do you do your health forms? try to find the health history? I probably need to have my doctor here check everything again. ah, another task...

ukyo: I couldn't find my records so I just had the doctor do a blood test and all my results came positive: which means I have immunity to MMR. I still haven't received the official package so not sure what else is needed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hardikrs wrote:
ukyo wrote:
international students

ukyo: I couldn't find my records so I just had the doctor do a blood test and all my results came positive: which means I have immunity to MMR. I still haven't received the official package so not sure what else is needed.

Yup did the same thing; I also had my Tetanus booster, since it had been more than 10 years. I sent back the forms and followed up with the health center and they said everything is in order. Since I'm already in NYC I went to Weil Cornell hospital, they had appointments available right away and they have all the labs in-house which makes things a lot faster.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nnc2010 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?

They didn't ask me, and I'm a non-US citizen working in the U.S. If even the NYPD can't ask, I doubt Kroll can.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone complete the Kroll verification ? Just trying to gauge the timeline for the Kroll verification process? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ks2010 wrote:
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?

From my experience (i was waitlisted for Spring 2010 then rejected; I reapplied and got in this time around) Stern a "show me you love me" type school. I would send them an update letter mentioning new achievements at work etc. Not sure what your profile is like but, for example, if you feel your gmat score is the main weakness (as it was for me in my previous app), maybe re-take the test and inform them of the test date. That's what got me in the 2nd time in my opinion. (improved from 600 to 660). If you feel your essays are lacking, then send them an optional essay, or additional rec, etc. I wouldn't just sit and wait, especially with Stern.
Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Ok, so this is pretty frustrating... no word yet whatsoever - no acceptance, rejection, or wait list

I assume I'm still in the "consideration" pool since there's been no correspondence, but the anticipation is killing me. Not to mention that it sounds like it's going to be quite a rush to get all of the paperwork settled before classes start if I am accepted.

Anyone else in the same boat?

:?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
am2010 wrote:
congrats to the new admits! here's the spreadsheet link again

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0

Admits please try to update the spreadsheet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  31