Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:16 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Nice HDR shot. Did you shoot it RAW? Howd you HDR it. with photoshop or a
third party?

Pulled it off the net. Here are my shots from my cell phone~
Attachments

DSC00243.JPG
DSC00243.JPG [ 837.68 KiB | Viewed 1179 times ]

DSC00300.JPG
DSC00300.JPG [ 894.38 KiB | Viewed 1152 times ]

DSC00238.JPG
DSC00238.JPG [ 907.46 KiB | Viewed 1217 times ]

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 674 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
 Q48  V33 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36 GMAT 3: 720  Q49  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dear MATT - Hope you continue to inspire us by your presence. Congrats on a well-deserved achievement.

:-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
AWESOME pics!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice pics, Congrats Matt! My name is Matt too and I also successfully used the "sniper approach" and got into ESADE! Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!
Awesome! Awesome...plain awesome!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just a quick update for any prospective 2008 applicants. I just received an institutional scholarship and have been officially selected as a UW MBA ambassador (on campus). Accordingly, I can answer any questions you may have about our fantastic program right here at GMATClub. Take a look at the number of posts to the left- I'm not going anywhere. (Just wish Praet would reinstate my moderator status ; - )

Just the facts, UW currently ranks #30 on the US News and World Report, #38 on Forbes best, #50ish on the Financial Times and we are just about to break ground on a new state of the art $250M+ complex which will inevitably catapault us into the the Business Week top 20~30 in the not so distant future.

Rankings aside, if you are looking for a solid career in international business trade with Asia, biotech, or IT consulting with Microsoft (where about 15% of each year's graduating class does their intership and eventually gets offered a permanent position), then this is a hard school to beat, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Moreover, we offer one of the highest quality educations at comparatively low public school tuition rates (discounted for second year students).

Take the GMAT ten times if you have to, but get a 660+ and nail those essays if you think Seattle is the place for you.

https://bschool.washington.edu/mba/
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I lived out there for 8 months and it really is a stunning place...so many amazing things to visit. Within 4 hours in every direction there are amazing natural sights (rain forest, mt st. helens, mt rainier, columbia river gorge) and of course some great places to ski/snowboard.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey man, congrats. I'm looking at UW as a possible school. Got a 700 on my GMAT and am a great writer, have all my essays done already and I think they look great.

My only concern is from what I've read UW doesn't give out very big financial aid packages/scholarships....and since I'd be out of state the tuition would be much higher, at least for the first year. Any chance you could share what kind of aid they offered you (via PM if you don't feel comfortable posting for all).

Thanks man!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats GMATT73! Seattle is an amazing city and UW is a great campus. I really liked it when I visited there a few years ago!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
Just a quick update for any prospective 2008 applicants. I just received an institutional scholarship and have been officially selected as a UW MBA ambassador (on campus). Accordingly, I can answer any questions you may have about our fantastic program right here at GMATClub. Take a look at the number of posts to the left- I'm not going anywhere. (Just wish Praet would reinstate my moderator status ; - )

Just the facts, UW currently ranks #30 on the US News and World Report, #38 on Forbes best, #50ish on the Financial Times and we are just about to break ground on a new state of the art $250M+ complex which will inevitably catapault us into the the Business Week top 20~30 in the not so distant future.

Rankings aside, if you are looking for a solid career in international business trade with Asia, biotech, or IT consulting with Microsoft (where about 15% of each year's graduating class does their intership and eventually gets offered a permanent position), then this is a hard school to beat, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Moreover, we offer one of the highest quality educations at comparatively low public school tuition rates (discounted for second year students).

Take the GMAT ten times if you have to, but get a 660+ and nail those essays if you think Seattle is the place for you.

https://bschool.washington.edu/mba/

Congrats !!!!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
jjanders wrote:
Hey man, congrats. I'm looking at UW as a possible school. Got a 700 on my GMAT and am a great writer, have all my essays done already and I think they look great.

My only concern is from what I've read UW doesn't give out very big financial aid packages/scholarships....and since I'd be out of state the tuition would be much higher, at least for the first year. Any chance you could share what kind of aid they offered you (via PM if you don't feel comfortable posting for all).

Thanks man!

Congrats on getting your applications prepared relatively early in the season. A 700 is a competitive score anywhere, regardless of your demographic, so be sure and make a shortlist of the schools you want to attend. Then refine that shortlist to schools you absolutely must attend and begin your sniper approach towards gaining admissions.

Being a good writer is indeed halpful, yet you still need to find a near perfect fit with your ultimate school of choice. I highly suggest you visit the campus (UW or elsewhere) and speak to current MBA students, faculty, and alumni to get a better overall sense of what the culture is like. This played a huge factor in me settling on my target school.

As far as scholarships and financial assistance is concerned, UW provides $5K, 10K and 15K merit based awards for first year students. You really need to have a strong interview to be eligible for the latter. Second year scholarships are based on academic progress and community involvement. It's not uncommon to be offered a grad TA either.

That being said, a competitive candidate could complete their MBA for under $20K total, not including living expenses. Not a bad ROI considering that 99% of our class body is employed three months after graduation.

UW does have it's drawbacks though. The weather in Seattle can be overcast and drizzly for weeks (even months) at a time and the facilities aren't exactly state-of-the-art (although we are in the process of changing that).

Again, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to visit the schools on your shortlist before applying. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATT73 wrote:
(Just wish Praet would reinstate my moderator status ; - )

THANKS PRAET :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMAT, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I live in the East Coast and it will be near impossible for me to visit, although I did visit a friend in Seattle in March and went to the UW campus, it's very nice.

I grew up in New England and lived in Syracuse for 9 years so the Seattle weather would be an improvement, trust me.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3