Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 00:22 It is currently 10 May 2024, 00:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 578 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 568 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Ross
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Our firm is best suited to undertake the project because we have the [#permalink]
Kudos
A. the financial wherewithal , vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base - all of which is necessary -|| + verb

B. the financial wherewithal , vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all necessary -Correct
C. the financial wherewithal , vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all of whom are necessary - whom is a wrong pronoun .whom is used to refer people.

D. the financial wherewithal , vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base necessary - not parallel

E. the financial wherewithal , vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base since they are necessary -not parallel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 2: 760  Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Our firm is best suited to undertake the project because we have the [#permalink]
IMO B
I got down to B and C and chose B. Not very confident with the explanation between B & C.

Aleehsgonji - you have been putting really good questions Please Please Please do post the OE as it will help lots of people here.

+1 to you.

Hoping to learn something new today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GPA: 3.42
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
B, parallelism, and C uses the wrong pronoun...whom?!
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28613 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Expert Reply
saba@4010 wrote:
Hello All,
Need answer for the below verbal question:

Our firm is best suited to undertake the project because we have the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base - all of which is necessary to complete the work on-time and under-budget.

(A) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base - all of which is necessary
(B) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all necessary
(C) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all of whom are necessary
(D) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base necessary
(E) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base since they are necessary

Dear saba@4010,
I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friends, first of all, a few words of advice.
1) This sub-forum, General GMAT Questions and Strategies, is for logistical questions----study schedules, how to study, materials, retaking, etc. It's for questions concerning the test as a whole. What you have posted here is a content question, a specific Sentence Correction question. This should have been posted in the Sentence Correction sub-forum.
gmat-sentence-correction-sc-138/

2) When you post a SC question, always underline the correct section in the prompt.

3) When you post any question, always cite the source of the question, who wrote the question.

4) Before you post anything, search first to make sure that the question hasn't be posted before. This question has been posted before here:
our-firm-is-best-suited-to-undertake-the-project-because-we-82163.html

That post attributes this question to MGMAT, one of the finest GMAT prep companies, but it appears that the source of this question is a company known as "Manhattan Elite Prep." One thing that raises my suspicions is when one new company takes a name easily confused with a very successful company. I also consider it in very poor form that much more of the prompt is underlined and repeated in the answer choices than needs to be. This is very unlike the GMAT.

Here, it's an issue of parallelism:
....because we have
// the financial wherewithal
// vast experience undertaking similar projects
and

// can use our large employee base
That's the prompt version, version (A). All three branches of the parallelism should match. The first two are nouns, and the third is a verb phrase.

We need the noun, "a large employee base," in the third branch. That narrows the choice down to (B) & (C). From the prompt, we infer that the "all" refers to the three resources listed, not to all the employees, so (C) is wrong, and (B) works best.

As someone who writes practice GMAT SC questions, I do not hold this question in high regard. It's minimally adequate, but very easy, and not particularly GMAT-like. Here's a much more GMAT-like SC question.
An increase in the

Mike :-)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
saba@4010 wrote:
Hello All,
Need answer for the below verbal question:

Our firm is best suited to undertake the project because we have the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base - all of which is necessary to complete the work on-time and under-budget.

(A) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base - all of which is necessary
(B) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all necessary
(C) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and a large employee base - all of whom are necessary
(D) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base necessary
(E) the financial wherewithal, vast experience undertaking similar projects, and can use our large employee base since they are necessary

i solved this question in ~30 seconds. Parallelism is tested in this question. Mike explained very detailed every answer choice! :)
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 849 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts