Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Accounting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Overwhelmed and not knowing where to start! [#permalink]
Kudos
Thanks for your input, jinkev.

For the math books, the questions were unrepresentative of the test and only frustrated me. It took too much time to finish a section with the questions and I felt exhausted afterward. It's much better to use that lost time and energy re-reading and practicing with GMAT-style questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks for the input! :)

I'm a little bit concerned, I just realized that the latest possible date (due to availability) for the GMAT is August 18, so it looks like I'll be writing it then. I've been trying to keep up with my work schedule and also do some studying every day. I've gotten through the normal section of the number properties book (but I still want to write up some notes from it), and have the advanced section left to do. Not sure if I should be doing the advanced section or not, since time is limited. In the number properties book, I've been doing the OG questions that are not part of the diagnostic and keeping an error log. I'm now wondering if I have enough time to prepare properly...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I am posting my "where to start" thing in this thread because of the thread heading.

Its been 10 years since I left college. I have been reading various forums and guidelines on the GMATclub and they are great. I think I need to start from scratch. I did not give any practice test based on my thought of loosing confidence if I am facing a test with no preparation. I am following the study guidelines mentioned in this club and I am going to start my first month with a full concentration on maths (apart from my working hours). I have following confusions:
1. You have great review about Manhattan set of 8 guides and I am going to follow you on that. However you also talked about MGMAT math foundation if one needs to prepare for fundamentals. I am confused should I start preparing from MGMAT 8 strategy guides or should I first start from MGMAT math foundation.
2. In the study plan, 1st month is selected for maths and the 2nd for verbal. Can I assume the first month of math preparation (from MGMAT set of 8 strategy books) will also cover quantitative, reasoning kind of categories?

Sincere appreciation for all the support I am and will be getting from GMATClub.

pinkjosh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Abhi: 9
Send PM
@ deebee29
i dont know how long you plan to study but if u have planned to study for 3months then i would suggest u take a look at this
https://www.gmating.com/gmat-prep-guide/ [that is , if u already havent]
i myself am following the schedule given there .. and trust me its awesome :) very detailed , informative ,well structured and nicely planned and well thought out :) it will really help you ..
if you need more help let me know.. i'd be happy to help :)
GMAT Club Bot