Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 21:25 It is currently 22 May 2024, 21:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: BADLY NEED SOME ADVICE!!! [#permalink]
One, it's hard to say without knowing your career goals.
Two, you must think very highly of yourself if you applied to Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, and Sloan. If you applied to 5 of the top 6 programs in the United States, why did you apply to Simon and are you going to be happy there?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
method wrote:
One, it's hard to say without knowing your career goals.
Two, you must think very highly of yourself if you applied to Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, and Sloan. If you applied to 5 of the top 6 programs in the United States, why did you apply to Simon and are you going to be happy there?

As I am an entrepreneur,I would,post MBA,go back to my company while also establish a new business.
Yes,While I agree that I should think highly,I was rejected by these top schools last year perhaps because I had applied in the round 3.
This time I wanted to apply to a little safer school too and yes I will certainly be happy there because I would ateast know that I gave a shot at the big ones!!!
Mine is a slightly different case as the concern here is because of the Jan vs Sept thing!!I just want to know ..do I have a chance and am I a good fit for these top tier schools.??
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
If you'd be happy to attend Simon and you're committed to this application year, then I agree that you should put the deposit down. As P&Q recently detailed, acceptance rates for international students can be much lower than the composite. Also, there's no way to guarantee you're getting into any of the ultra elites, even if your GMAT was 780 instead of 700.

Best to take the bird in the hand, especially if it's relatively cheap. I don't know what the deposit is at Simon, but I'm guessing $1500 or less?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
method wrote:
If you'd be happy to attend Simon and you're committed to this application year, then I agree that you should put the deposit down. As P&Q recently detailed, acceptance rates for international students can be much lower than the composite. Also, there's no way to guarantee you're getting into any of the ultra elites, even if your GMAT was 780 instead of 700.

Best to take the bird in the hand, especially if it's relatively cheap. I don't know what the deposit is at Simon, but I'm guessing $1500 or less?

Thanks for the feedback!
ok..its not only about the 3000 $ deposit.i really dont care even if I will have to forfiet that amount.Its about making a decision whether simon now ?or any big names later? or atleast simon later in the worst case.

I would regret if I get through stern and know that in feb when I will be completing my quarter at Simon.That said,If i dont get through,It would be the contrary!!:)
Feels like im playing a big roulette game in Vegas!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

I have finally decided to target Fall intake while also applying to all other top bschools in round 2 while reapplying to Simon.
I know its a risky affair and would be a stretch at top schools but i will give it another shot!Afterall One life.One MBA!Right?

Thanks for posting and please comment on my decsion!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 3.65
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
dexter700:

Follow your dream and take risks. You already have money, so if you want to apply in round 2 to the top ten schools you should take that chance, and make sure you pick a safety school. Good luck in your applications.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your comment arzad!!

Ive been through this dilemma for a week and now finally took a firm decision!
I will do whatever it takes in this one month and hit round 2!:)
GMAT Club Bot