Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: UNC Interviews for MAC Program [#permalink]
Thanks! I just sent in my application for the December 1 deadline, so I had everything in by about the 29th. UNC is also my top choice! My stats are:

GMAT: 640 (AWA 6.0 out of 6)
Undergraduate GPA: 3.7

I'm just going over the basic graduate school interview questions, so I hope I'll have at least an idea for most questions. What other schools are you applying for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I submitted for the Dec 1 deadline too. It's my top choice. Does anyone know about the logistics of the interviews? I'm in Florida. Is it an alumni interview or an interview with admissions? I'd be willing to travel up to Chapel Hill but in this day and age Skype seems more likely.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
The application says to dress in business attire, so I assumed that means an in-person interview. I just barely got my application in before the early deadline as well :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: MS Accounting
Schools:UT-Austin
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi Everyone

I actually did an interview at UNC and was accepted for the program that starts in May 2012.

The interview was with the associate director of admissions and she was super nice. She really didn't ask any difficult questions that I can think of. Just the standard "what are your goals?" and "why do you want to come to UNC?" type questions.

I would recommend doing the interview in person and sitting in on a class if you can. The campus is beautiful.

Good luck! I hope to see you in Chapel Hill next year!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, they give you a choice of either doing the interview in person or over the phone. I don't think Skype was an option.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received the acceptance e-mail!! Christmas has come early :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received my acceptance e-mail as well! I also did an in-person interview, and I think it was important to be able to get a feel for the campus and the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
People getting acceptance emails, which deadline did you apply for?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I sent my deposit in. Has anyone heard about scholarships yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone.

I traveled to UNC a couple of weeks ago for my interview and got accepted a week later. Now I am waiting to hear from UT-Austin. I wanted to get everything taken care of as soon as possible so that I had more time to make a decision but unfortunately I was there the day exams ended and never was able to attend a class. I love to hear about the experience of those of you that were able to go to a class and what you thought.

In any case it's great to be able to go into a program knowing some people.

Hope to hear back and good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

As far as the interview goes, I second the previous comment. Stacie Hewett, the admissions director, was very nice and easy to speak with. No trick questions just the standard concerning goals, reasons for choosing to apply to UNC, interests, etc. I also stopped by and spoke with Laurie Schollaert of the MAC Career Services office before my interview. I'm really looking forward to working with her if I decide to attend UNC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
revan wrote:
I sent my deposit in. Has anyone heard about scholarships yet?

I'm still waiting to hear about scholarships too. I'm not really getting my hopes up though because the MAC program website says that they try to notify you of any scholarship offers at the time of your acceptance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottRPark wrote:
Hey everyone.

I traveled to UNC a couple of weeks ago for my interview and got accepted a week later. Now I am waiting to hear from UT-Austin. I wanted to get everything taken care of as soon as possible so that I had more time to make a decision but unfortunately I was there the day exams ended and never was able to attend a class. I love to hear about the experience of those of you that were able to go to a class and what you thought.

In any case it's great to be able to go into a program knowing some people.

Hope to hear back and good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

As far as the interview goes, I second the previous comment. Stacie Hewett, the admissions director, was very nice and easy to speak with. No trick questions just the standard concerning goals, reasons for choosing to apply to UNC, interests, etc. I also stopped by and spoke with Laurie Schollaert of the MAC Career Services office before my interview. I'm really looking forward to working with her if I decide to attend UNC.

I'm also waiting to hear from UT-Austin and USC. I'll most likely end up at UNC, though.

The class that I attended was called "Taxation of Flow-Through Entities: Partnerships & SCorps." I don't remember the prof's name, but she seemed very smart, yet accessible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Visirale wrote:
People getting acceptance emails, which deadline did you apply for?

I applied a few days before the December 1 deadline.

I haven't heard anything about scholarships either. I wonder if they wait until everyone accepts the admissions offers before they make scholarship decisions?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
I too am very interested in scholarship information, especially since I haven't sent out my application :| .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think that its a combination of immediate and future notification. My guess is that they grant some immediately, wait to see who accepts and how much is left to allocate, and then offers the remainder. Of course I could be completely wrong.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an interview invite! Deciding whether or not I should go up for the in-person interview. I need to get off work, but I think it would be good. Visited it in the summer but didn't know much about the program back then. Love any excuse to get out to NC. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
just got my interview invite too. I'm living in california so an in-person interview would be... slightly inconvenient. I got a little worried when I saw other people had been interviewed and even accepted already, but I'm guessing it's because I'm an out-of-state applicant? anyway I'm happy :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts