Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
mbafall2011 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Yes, got the invite for chat.
Is anyone planning to do the pre-req? I noticed it takes 3-6 months to get that done so i am not sure if we should do it now or wait till summer? What else are you guys thinking of doing?

I am also interested to know how many have been waitlisted though i don't think we will ever know that..haha

I dont plan to take the pre-req. It takes one month of studying is what i heard.

Do you know if they will allow you to take the pre-qual exam prior to admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
I felt the same. I didnt have a single question that I didnt feel prepared for. Do we really have to wait until 03/29 to find out?

RG0105 wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:
RG, how did it go? I had mine a little while back. Overall, I thought it went well. I was a little nervous and felt like the 30 mins flew by.

I felt exactly the same. I didn't think my answers were uber long or anything, but it certainly didn't feel like 30 mins. The interviewer explained that they only have 30 mins to interview and then 30 mins to write it up, so they're on a pretty tight schedule.

It was a prety casual coversation...no surprising questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How does the prereq stuff work? I noticed on the site that they have a cut-off for the math prereq and a higher Quant score is considered. Is a 48 high enough? I dont want to spend the summer taking a math class if possible. It seems that everyone has to do stats...

tehcurious wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Yes, got the invite for chat.
Is anyone planning to do the pre-req? I noticed it takes 3-6 months to get that done so i am not sure if we should do it now or wait till summer? What else are you guys thinking of doing?

I am also interested to know how many have been waitlisted though i don't think we will ever know that..haha

I dont plan to take the pre-req. It takes one month of studying is what i heard.

Do you know if they will allow you to take the pre-qual exam prior to admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
How does the prereq stuff work? I noticed on the site that they have a cut-off for the math prereq and a higher Quant score is considered. Is a 48 high enough? I dont want to spend the summer taking a math class if possible. It seems that everyone has to do stats...

I think everyone has to do the stat and math is waived based on a Q cut-off (48 should be enough but I don't know what the adcom has set for this yr).. I don't mind taking any number of courses this summer.. All I want is an admit!!! :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol, I'll take the math prereq twice if it means I get an admit! :-D

bschoolapp8 wrote:
CaliCpa wrote:

I think everyone has to do the stat and math is waived based on a Q cut-off (48 should be enough but I don't know what the adcom has set for this yr).. I don't mind taking any number of courses this summer.. All I want is an admit!!! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone of you applying to the FEMBA UCLA program too? If you are waitlisted by Haas and accepted at FEMBA, would you lose sleep over Haas? Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
newbie2012 wrote:
Is anyone of you applying to the FEMBA UCLA program too? If you are waitlisted by Haas and accepted at FEMBA, would you lose sleep over Haas? Thank you.

Assuming commute to both are the same, i wouldnt lose any sleep over Haas. Recently heard UCLA's program got ranked #1. Again also depends on your concentration.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
Assuming commute to both are the same, i wouldnt lose any sleep over Haas. Recently heard UCLA's program got ranked #1. Again also depends on your concentration.

I agree. Little to choose between the two. Infact Anderson seems to be doing a better job of getting its name out there and organizing various events for its students. Not sure about rankings/concentration ..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does Haas notify any applicants prior to 03/29? I cant wait another month and a half.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
newbie2012 wrote:

I didn't apply to UCLA but I wouldn't "lose sleep" over being WL'd by Haas...both are great programs...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CaliCpa wrote:
Does Haas notify any applicants prior to 03/29? I cant wait another month and a half.

Not sure bro. The earliest might be 3/28 if its an admit. I stared at my phone full 2 weeks before R1 deadline to get a call from that 510 number which never came. :/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any idea how difficult the UCLA Round 3 is? I am hoping for the Haas admit, but I guess the FEMBA could be a last minute effort if Haas doesn't come through. I think the FEMBA deadline is in April, so the timing at least works out.

RG0105 wrote:
newbie2012 wrote:

I didn't apply to UCLA but I wouldn't "lose sleep" over being WL'd by Haas...both are great programs...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Finished my interview today. No surprise questions as well. Just some regular questions focused on resume. (Why MBA, Why Haas, leadership stories, etc...).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Quote:
Any idea how difficult the UCLA Round 3 is? I am hoping for the Haas admit, but I guess the FEMBA could be a last minute effort if Haas doesn't come through. I think the FEMBA deadline is in April, so the timing at least works out.

From what I've heard about the FEMBA program at the Open House is that Round 3 is no more challenging than any other round. It is not comparable to the full time programs. This advice came directly from the admissions director who was advising that you wait for the right round when you have the BEST application that YOU can put together. Also, the incoming class size for this year's FEMBA class has not yet been determined. They are deciding between 280 and 350 (4 classes of 70 students, or 5 classes of 70 students). So if they get enough "qualified applicants" they will potentially increase the class size.

Not sure where that stands at this point, but this was what I heard 2 months ago.

I would encourage anyone looking at Haas to also take a look at Anderson. From what I've seen, heard (from current students I work with), and been a part of... this is an awesome program!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Haas WL chat today for R1 applicants. What questions are you going to ask?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey everybody,

Great discussion here. I'm prepping for my interview next week. I've found past questions posted on ClearAdmit but havent found too many other resources. Anybody know of other sites or have any other tips for how to prepare?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Somebody ask if Round 2 admits will come out earlier than MArch 29th. :-D
GMAT Club Bot