Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 12:56 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 12:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: Master's in Strategy and International Management at HSG [#permalink]
Bookmarks
alexba91 wrote:
hi, i'm an italian student and i'm gonna apply for the ma in banking and finance at ST.gallen next year. i'm really worried about the language since i don't know even one word of german. do you think would it be a huge problem when applying for an internship in the summer? i don't have any work experience and i won't have one when i'll begin my master. are the exam sheduled in such a way that i would be able to take an internship in the summer? in my university, as usually in italian universities, exams are scheduled until the end of july, so we don't have any possibility of taking any work experience during the bachelor.

Hi,
if you're an international student and you cannot prove sufficient knowledge of the German language, you'll have to take an introductory German course, no matter which master's course at HSG you're taking (Grade won't affect your GPA though, it's just pass/ fail and won't show up on your transcript). I'm not sure about banking internships, but for consulting you need to have at least a good knowledge of the German language. You can, however, also do international internships, in your case e.g. in Italy, so you avoid the language difficulties.
Regarding potential summer internships: Central exams usually are in June/ early July, so normally, you can still do a summer internship. Moreover, starting from semester 2, you have more freedom to choose your courses and thus you can take the ones that only have decentral exams, which take place in the last month of the teaching period (would be December and May respectively).
Hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi,

I have also applied for this programme. Has anyone of you received admits so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q46  V29 GMAT 2: 670  Q46  V36
Send PM
Congrats everyone on this year's intake...

As a current student of HSG, Masters in economics,

here is alink to my blog about HSG, all comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.

https://alambanlives.blogspot.ch/2011/11 ... -days.html
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot