Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:04 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools: LBS '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: 2012 LBS MiF Applicants welcome! [#permalink]
It seems this forum has become quiet. Good wishes to all who have got their admits so far.

Anyone who applied in R5 ? Any ideas about when the adcom sends out interview decisions for R5 ? Do R5 applicants have any chance of getting a scholarship ?

As I took my GMAT pretty late I couldn't help but apply late at this stage.

Profile:
I have good acads.
IIT grad with masters in financial engineering from US.
GMAT 740 (50 Q, 40 V, AWA 5.0)
Work-ex ~ 4.0 years at World Bank as Quant.
Looking to change career to investment management or PE/venture capital.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: LBS '14 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
It seems this forum has become quiet. Good wishes to all who have got their admits so far.

Anyone who applied in R5 ? Any ideas about when the adcom sends out interview decisions for R5 ? Do R5 applicants have any chance of getting a scholarship ?

LBS scholarships are merit based. Deadline to submit essay for scholarship is early June, so if you're admitted till then you will be able to apply I think...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rwkTX wrote:

Thanks, Laman. My interviewer and I haven't met yet... next Monday (19 March) is the big day.

Has LBS given you any estimates for the fully-loaded cost you should expect (e.g., including rent, other living expenses, fees beyond tuition)?

Hopefully there will be some positive news on the HSBC loans soon. I'm expecting to have to pay my own way though, assuming I'm accepted.

Good luck

Hey, apologies for late response! How was your interview?

Regarding budgeting living expenses, school offers quite a good view here: https://www.london.edu/programmes/budgetinglivingexpenses.html Rent is the biggest expense. Depending on your ambitions, it can be anywhere from 600 to 1500gbp per month... For example, me, planning to stay in the student house or share a flat with someone (max 750 for rent) will budget for 1200-1300 per month...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
daphne2012 wrote:
It is good to find this thread. I made the application just in time for R4. It is said the chances for Chinese applicants in R4 are realy slim. Anyway, hope to join you in autumn in London.

good luck to you :) currently there are 71 people accepted, 7 are chinese...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks laman !

72 admits so far.. Thank you for this information too.

I wonder what total class size for MiF 2013 FT is going to be set by the Adcom this time.

If the class size is going to be ~122, I believe some of the round 5 applicants may have a decent chance. I hope the decision to apply in R5 2012 Vs. R1 2013 is not a really bad one ?

Best of luck to everyone who have applied at this stage.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
Thanks laman !

72 admits so far.. Thank you for this information too.

I wonder what total class size for MiF 2013 FT is going to be set by the Adcom this time.

If the class size is going to be ~122, I believe some of the round 5 applicants may have a decent chance. I hope the decision to apply in R5 2012 Vs. R1 2013 is not a really bad one ?

Best of luck to everyone who have applied at this stage.

Risk here that official deadline for the final decision is July 6 so you might not be on time for the scholarship application. you'll also have very little time to sort out all things before arrival including funding issues. However in the worst case you'll be able to defer your offer to 2013 anyway so i believe that you don't lose anything if you try... good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
laman wrote:
daphne2012 wrote:
It is good to find this thread. I made the application just in time for R4. It is said the chances for Chinese applicants in R4 are realy slim. Anyway, hope to join you in autumn in London.

thanks laman, your information is very helpful!
I am still waiting for the interview call!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
overbored wrote:
Anybody who applied in round 4 got an interview call, yet?

Overbored,
I applied in round 4. I submitted my application on 28 Feb, got an invite to interview on 6 Mar, had my interview on 19 Mar, and now am waiting for my decision. Good luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
laman wrote:
rwkTX wrote:

Thanks, Laman. My interviewer and I haven't met yet... next Monday (19 March) is the big day.

Has LBS given you any estimates for the fully-loaded cost you should expect (e.g., including rent, other living expenses, fees beyond tuition)?

Hopefully there will be some positive news on the HSBC loans soon. I'm expecting to have to pay my own way though, assuming I'm accepted.

Good luck

Hey, apologies for late response! How was your interview?

Regarding budgeting living expenses, school offers quite a good view here: https://www.london.edu/programmes/budgetinglivingexpenses.html Rent is the biggest expense. Depending on your ambitions, it can be anywhere from 600 to 1500gbp per month... For example, me, planning to stay in the student house or share a flat with someone (max 750 for rent) will budget for 1200-1300 per month...

Laman,
Thanks for the informative reply. My interview was all right I think -- the person didn't ask any especially tricky questions and told me that he was in a similar situation with similar goals when he applied to LBS, so I believe he had a favorable opinion of me. If it's true that 70% of interviewees receive acceptances, then I believe I have good odds. Peter Johnson wrote me this morning to confirm that they have my interview feedback and that they plan to review my application next Thursday. I'm disappointed that they didn't get to it yesterday, but at least I feel like the decision-time is close :)

Thanks for the budget link. It looks to be a little less expensive than my own rough numbers, so that's encouraging. Another question... how are you planning to find a flatmate? Does the school provide any assistance or a forum to help people interested in sharing to match up with each other?

RK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
laman wrote:
lifeiscricket wrote:
Thanks laman !
Risk here that official deadline for the final decision is July 6 so you might not be on time for the scholarship application. you'll also have very little time to sort out all things before arrival including funding issues. However in the worst case you'll be able to defer your offer to 2013 anyway so i believe that you don't lose anything if you try... good luck :)

Well, Peter Johnson wrote to me today afternoon that my application will be considered in stage 4. Hopefully jump from R5 to R4 will speed up my process.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
laman wrote:
lifeiscricket wrote:
Thanks laman !

Well, Peter Johnson wrote to me today afternoon that my application will be considered in stage 4. Hopefully jump from R5 to R4 will speed up my process.

That's good news. Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rwkTX wrote:
Another question... how are you planning to find a flatmate? Does the school provide any assistance or a forum to help people interested in sharing to match up with each other?

RK

a little after you get the offer, you get access to LBS portal, a powerful communication tool used by all students. It has all info you need, together with profiles of your classmates, a great discussion board, a database of admits willing to share a flat (both MBAs and MIFs) and much much more. Overall portal is a universal communication tool and you can access MBA & MiF data there. A good habit is to write a small introduction about yourself. Usually people indicate if they will be searching for a classmate, I personally picked someone who shared my habits etc. and quickly agreed with that person :) there is also a FB group and a LinkedIn group, so you get to know people around you quite quickly :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lifeiscricket wrote:
laman wrote:
lifeiscricket wrote:

good luck! that's a very good news :) so you'll have a little bit of waiting and then...
did you apply to any other school?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
daphne2012 wrote:
laman wrote:
daphne2012 wrote:

thanks laman, your information is very helpful!
I am still waiting for the interview call!

good luck, fingers crossed for you! another piece of statistics: only 13 females out of 71 admits which is 18% vs usual 20-21% ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
laman wrote:
rwkTX wrote:
Another question... how are you planning to find a flatmate? Does the school provide any assistance or a forum to help people interested in sharing to match up with each other?

RK

a little after you get the offer, you get access to LBS portal, a powerful communication tool used by all students. It has all info you need, together with profiles of your classmates, a great discussion board, a database of admits willing to share a flat (both MBAs and MIFs) and much much more. Overall portal is a universal communication tool and you can access MBA & MiF data there. A good habit is to write a small introduction about yourself. Usually people indicate if they will be searching for a classmate, I personally picked someone who shared my habits etc. and quickly agreed with that person :) there is also a FB group and a LinkedIn group, so you get to know people around you quite quickly :)

Thanks for letting me know :) We'll see what I learn on thursday (hopefully).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hello everybody!

I submitted my application for stage 4. Today got a message from Peter Johnson with invite :-D Now waiting from interviewer details.

Good luck to everybody who is waiting :!:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
fleritta wrote:
Hello everybody!

I submitted my application for stage 4. Today got a message from Peter Johnson with invite :-D Now waiting from interviewer details.

Good luck to everybody who is waiting :!:

Congratulations, Fleritta! If you didn't see it before, consider reviewing these links for some background on the interview process.

https://finantic.blogspot.com/2007/12/lb ... ience.html
https://lbssojourn.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... rview.html

I definitely recommend spending some time reviewing the elective offerings and concentrations... it seems that the interviewers make a habit of asking what courses interest you most and which electives you would want to take.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts