Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 18:40 It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: What should my next step by after the first disastrous GMAT? [#permalink]
jssboy wrote:
Thanks Hellscream for your reply. As I understood, I should definitely buy MGMAT series (8 books) and CR bible, these are "must have" if I want to improve my score, am I right?

MGMAT 8 and CR Bible no doubt will help you a lot. They did help me and (almost) many others in our forum.

jssboy wrote:
Although your Verbal advice is very clear, I still don't know what to do for quantitative section, since I begun to realize that I have serious issues with it. What I mean is that, although all the math chapters are pretty clear to me ( always knew them, especially now), almost all the questions on the 700+ level require me to look at the solutions, in the sense that I have to see an approach how to solve it. What does this mean, do I just have to continue indefinitely practicing until I get most of the possible concepts or is there something else?

indefinitely practicing.... It is suicide... First, review theory using our forum's resources :https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-quantitative-section-7/ (+MGMAT) and do OG problems. You MUST understand each OG's quant and solve it easily. If you get wrong (due to knowledge), try again to solve the problems. If you are still wrong , read the explanation carefully and search for explanation to see whether there are other ways to crack them . Take note which sections are your strengths and which one are your weaknesses. Review theory on your weaknesses.

THen, trying to solve MGMAT's CAT quant section. It is harder than that the real test , giving you great chance to find mistakes, weakness and hone your quant skills.

If you need more challenge, the challenge is just in front of you :)....The hardest quant problems available are in our forum...

jssboy wrote:
P.S. If you, or some of other members with more knowledge about it could me advice on prep course. I have been doing a research, and there are courses that can be done within one month ( private tutoring, class, or online) with all three major course providers: Kaplan, Manhattan and Veritas. Which one should be most applicable to my situation, and do I need one at all?

Many thanks!

I do not use any tutor service; hence I give no comment. However, I find that this link may be of some help for you: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/?fl=sign

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I didn't use any error log tool while preparing for the previous test, but tomorrow I am starting all over again, and I will definitely be keeping an error log.
GMAT Club Bot