Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 19:29 It is currently 17 May 2024, 19:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I don't think you should call just to ask when your decision will be ready. A lot of people on here have been complete for about a month. They clearly are waiting on something - I'm just not sure what...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Finally got a call from Adcom yesterday. I was nervous at first when I received email mentioning that the final decision has not been rendered and Adcom still have a couple of questions they need to clarify. It turned out that they wanted to offer me an admission for J-Term and will work toward switching my current application from August 2012 to January 2013 intake. Good luck to everyone, stay positive, Your hard work will certainly pay off.

Submitted: 12/25
Invited to Interview: 2/24
Interviewed: 3/9
Complete: 3/14
J-Term offer: 4/13
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations JTHAP!!! I am sure it was a relief.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Folks, I have to submit my deposit for another school next Tuesday and it has been 2 weeks since I went complete at Columbia.. does any one know if I can ask them to get back to me sooner?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
PaulAllen wrote:
jessikins231 wrote:
camelia38 wrote:
i have no received scholarship info yet either. is it supposed to come via mail? i will be going to CC II, but I have not received any details for Kroll either...!?

If you want to apply for scholarships/financial aid you had to apply three weeks from acceptance- there's information in the admitted students "to do" list on what you need to fill out. Those awards come fairly quickly after you send all your information in, complete your FAFSA, etc.

For merit fellowships, it's my understanding that if you are in the running for those you are invited to Columbia Challenge, which happens Saturday morning after Columbia Connect. You don't find out until after you attend Columbia Challenge what your award is, just that you are getting one.

Anyone get invited to Columbia Challenge @ CC2?

When is the Columbia Challenge? Are International Students also invited? Does this mean that if you haven't been invited by now, you're definitely not getting a merit fellowship?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
FYI for anyone still applying, CBS Follies has some "helpful" tips:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsU6a-G2Tg[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
mba201209 wrote:
Folks, I have to submit my deposit for another school next Tuesday and it has been 2 weeks since I went complete at Columbia.. does any one know if I can ask them to get back to me sooner?

In the same boat. Knowing my luck, if I get accepted to CBS, it'll happen 30 seconds after I drop $2,000 on deposit for another school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok need help here fellas. I just received an Email saying that i have been denied normal term but was asking me to go into the EMBA option. I do not want to do this as I would rather go full time. Can anyone give guidance here. Is there any way to convince them otherwise?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Folks- what is going on? They are either denying admissions or asking people to go into J Term or EMBA- I went complete 2 weeks ago and on pins and needles now... looks like chances for a regular admission is diminishing now!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Agreed...i'm not feeling too great looking at what others have heard recently. Today is 4 weeks since I went complete (applied with the merit deadline)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GMAT Date: 01-14-2012
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure what happened to my original post, so I'll post again. I was accepted last week and was highly encouraged to attend Columbia Connect II . I was not extended an invitation to Columbia Challenge (everyone who is invited is guaranteed $$) that will take place this Saturday, but I was told that even if your are not invited, you may still get $$.

Submitted: 01/04
Interviewed: 03/16
Complete: 03/21
Accepted: 04/11

For those waiting on a decision, try emailing admissions requesting an expedited decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
atsmba514 wrote:
Ok need help here fellas. I just received an Email saying that i have been denied normal term but was asking me to go into the EMBA option. I do not want to do this as I would rather go full time. Can anyone give guidance here. Is there any way to convince them otherwise?

Hi atsmba514 - Can you share your profile please?

Your best bet would be to try and reach the school to understand what makes you a good candidate for EMBA and on the side if you have mind set on an MBA then consider other school that have a higher average age and age range. One thing's for sure - Columbia likes and approves of your profile so that the biggest takeaway for you!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
7Dt6K326 wrote:
Not sure what happened to my original post, so I'll post again. I was accepted last week and was highly encouraged to attend Columbia Connect II . I was not extended an invitation to Columbia Challenge (everyone who is invited is guaranteed $$) that will take place this Saturday, but I was told that even if your are not invited, you may still get $$.

Submitted: 01/04
Interviewed: 03/16
Complete: 03/21
Accepted: 04/11

For those waiting on a decision, try emailing admissions requesting an expedited decision.

Did you expedite your decision? I was thinking about doing this, but i'm not sure if this hurts my chances..? I've heard from others that if they are still deciding on your candidacy, then forcing them to make a decision sooner usually ends up getting people rejected.
I have the same original timeline as you (went complete on 3/20) and still haven't heard back. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AVbyT wrote:
atsmba514 wrote:

Hi atsmba514 - Can you share your profile please?

Your best bet would be to try and reach the school to understand what makes you a good candidate for EMBA and on the side if you have mind set on an MBA then consider other school that have a higher average age and age range. One thing's for sure - Columbia likes and approves of your profile so that the biggest takeaway for you!

Yes my profile below:

GMAT: 710 (49/38)
GPA: 3.55 Honors
WE: 6 Years investment banking (M&A)

Above this I have a lot of extracurricular activities etc. etc. I got the ding 4 out of 4 which is a bit disheartening. Any thoughts on my profile or advice for next year fellas?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Im no expert of EMBA but at 27 and 6 yrs WE it doesnt make sense referring you to EMBA. My understanding is that EMBA profile are 10+ experience and in a directorial or Sn Mgr position so something is not adding up here.

Sorry to hear about your decisions but those are 4 top schools so nothing to be disheartened. Im sure 1 of them will give you some feedback so try to get as much. It's also a good idea to post your complete profile in the profile evaluation forum and see what the experts say?

Hope that helps....

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
If you've been in IB for 6 years, does that mean you're already a couple of years in at the associate level? I could see them thinking EMBA was a better fit if you're already past the level that banks recruit at for the full-time program. That's my best guess, anyway. If I actually knew what adcoms were thinking, I wouldn't be posting on this board and instead would be making a mint as an admissions consultant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes that is correct, I am a senior associate and will be promoted soon to vice president. However, I am looking to do a career change to PE (i know surprising right). Therefore, I would like the summer internship opportunity to try this career field and even though i am higher up in the IB world i have been promoted early to associate and will be promoted early to VP. I mean if 27 is the EMBA route whats MBA 24/25???
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  165   166   167   168   169  ...  171   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts