Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V47
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Re: Duke Fuqua 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
R3 admits do exist, admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
just took myself off the WL. will be going somewhere else this fall. good luck!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
AussieGal wrote:
R3 admits do exist, admitted!
Congrats! You should come to Fuqua, you will be very unique. I don't think we have any pure Australians here, only some who were born there but moved around. Help us build the brand down under. I really want to work in the ANZ area one day =D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
WE:Research (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Any r3 admits received their financial aid packages yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Well the R3 deposit deadline is today.
I'm hanging on hope that tomorrow will bring some waitlist updates (for better or for worse)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
mba2014hopeful wrote:
Any waitlist movement since the R3 deposit deadline? Anyone know when the "summer waitlist" will be finalized?

If the timeline is similar to last year's, you should be receiving an email from your Waitlist Counselor in early June. Good luck!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
A word of advice, although totally from my speculation. If you are on the waitlist, maybe not now, but as time gets closer to orientation, you should try to be connected with the school, to let them know your commitment. From a school perspective nearing orientation, they are on a time crunch as well, and are looking to fill all the seats. They want someone who is committed mentally and financially, and can pack up and move right away. I remember that Liz said during our orientation to make sure that we sign in, so she can finalize the class and pull any waitlisters. Of the classmates I know who got off the waitlist last minute, many were local or dual degrees (who were already at Duke).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'm on the WL at Fuqua and was wondering what the groups thoughts about submitting a short video was? I know Booth, Stern, etc. allow video submission.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good news, I received an admit! But its a bit different since I was moved off the waitlist they called and asked if I was still interested then told me there is availability for me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
123MBA wrote:
Good news, I received an admit! But its a bit different since I was moved off the waitlist they called and asked if I was still interested then told me there is availability for me!

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
123MBA wrote:

Congrats! You mean you told them to take you off the waitlist, but they called and said they could admit you? Can you clarify a bit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry for the delay in response, I will try to clarify a bit...

I did not get asked to be moved off the waitlist (I still wanted to attend Fuqua).

Here is how I received by admittance: I received a call from Sharon who first asked if I was still interested in Duke, once I confirmed my interest, she informed me that there was an available spot that they wanted to offer me. I was told that after my deposit was submitted I would receive more information....It seems to me that they are trying to find students who will matriculate quickly. Tuesday, May 29th is the date she gave me but preferred my deposit was submitted sooner. Fortunately for me this was not a difficult decision and I will be attending Fuqua in the Fall :)

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck to the other Waitlisters!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
mbaham wrote:
I'm on the WL at Fuqua and was wondering what the groups thoughts about submitting a short video was? I know Booth, Stern, etc. allow video submission.

I'm really not sure if this is the most productive and effective way to update AdCom. Otherwise, they would specify this as one of your options. Furthermore, if you only plan on reusing something that you have submitted to Booth or Stern, then that means your video does not exactly do anything to convince AdCom that Duke is a perfect fit for you. I don't think this will hurt your chances, but I am not entirely certain if it would significantly help you either.

Good luck!

123MBA wrote:

I did not get asked to be moved off the waitlist (I still wanted to attend Fuqua).

Here is how I received by admittance: I received a call from Sharon who first asked if I was still interested in Duke, once I confirmed my interest, she informed me that there was an available spot that they wanted to offer me. I was told that after my deposit was submitted I would receive more information....It seems to me that they are trying to find students who will matriculate quickly. Tuesday, May 29th is the date she gave me but preferred my deposit was submitted sooner. Fortunately for me this was not a difficult decision and I will be attending Fuqua in the Fall :)

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck to the other Waitlisters!

Congrats, 123MBA! See you in Durham! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
123MBA wrote:

I was on the WL from round 2 and got a call from Fuqua last Thursday 5-24-12 and had the exact same conversation with someone from admissions. I sent in my deposit and I will be attending Fuqua in the fall!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to the recent WL admits! Any tips on how you kept in contact with the Adcom while on the WL, and what additional materials you submitted? Also, just curious, but what concentrations are you pursuing (Finance, Marketing... etc)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ggibson wrote:
Congrats to the recent WL admits! Any tips on how you kept in contact with the Adcom while on the WL, and what additional materials you submitted? Also, just curious, but what concentrations are you pursuing (Finance, Marketing... etc)?

I'm a Finance concentration from West Coast. I did everything and anything: wrote a letter, additional recommendations, alum shout-outs, etc...I was even about to submit a short video but then was accepted before I got into it.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
mbaham wrote:
123MBA wrote:

I was on the WL from round 2 and got a call from Fuqua last Thursday 5-24-12 and had the exact same conversation with someone from admissions. I sent in my deposit and I will be attending Fuqua in the fall!

Congrats! You didn't have to send the video after all! See you in the fall!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts