Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 11:29 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 11:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 04-19-2012
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1210 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 65694 [0]
Given Kudos: 431
Send PM
Re: At This point I am just really pissed off [#permalink]
Expert Reply
transfer9858 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Walking out there were four problems that I stared at the screen for 2 minutes and couldn't no anything.. and i could do them in my head on the way out in ten seconds. Clearly I was pretty nervous. No other things were different. Honestly, I tried all " stress techniques"/ breathing stuff and come on... if your nervous that really isin't helping. I am going to take a beta blocker next time and study again for another month and a half. Hopefully this will help.

About nerves and pressure - two days back, I took an exam (not GMAT), a paper test. It's a 3 hr test. There were a couple of questions which I found hard and just couldn't work out. I marked and left them for the end. At the end of the test, I had almost 45 mins leftover and was super relaxed. I went back to those questions and did them in under 30 secs each. What does this account tell you? It is all about the nerves! (as I think you figured out for yourself too) Once you relax your mind, you can solve the toughest questions easily. But if you are wound up, the easiest questions are going to seem really hard. If you know that the questions are actually straight forward, it should ease your mind a little. Every question in GMAT is do-able in under 2 mins and is based on simple logic. If you remember this, you can beat the software next time. Just refuse to get pressurized since you know your stuff.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Karishma- Thanks so much. I know its completely nerves. How else would I be scoring in the low to mid 700's on practice tests. I always underpeformed on standardized tests and I never really took care of the issue. Relaxing never helped me, because I simply cant. I am hoping the beta blocker will work.
GMAT Club Bot