Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 08:22 It is currently 03 May 2024, 08:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT score 700 (Q 49, V 37) profile review please :) [#permalink]
I would like to mention here that my first company had a bond of 2 years with me, which according to indian law doesnt stand. Nevertheless if i left the company i would have to pay a sum of 200,000 INR else i would not get the experience letter. I can still get the letter from the company provided i pay the money, but the question is do i really need to show the experience letter? Can a joining letter, payslips work?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi Oasis, i would like to add following more to EC

1. I am a trained scuba diver and actively dive whenever i get opportunity

2. i teach english to a local chinese middleshcool, thou again i dont have a certificate.

Please let me know :)
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Expert Reply
koolguitarist wrote:
Thanks for the reply OasisGC, as for EC here is my profile:

1. Had college rock band for 4 years during engineering, was 2nd runner up at ciry level rock competition

2. During training in my first company i secured gold medal and stood first among 180 other trainees.

2. Participated in annual function of my first company in india

3. Participated in annual function of my current company twice.

4. Took part in the global Lean competition within my current company and presented all the lean projects we (the local campus in china where i work) undertook and competed with 15 branches worldwide. Stood first, but i do not have any certificate for this, can only have refree

5. Took part in Lean/Kaizen workshops and was the Core leader and SME in one of them, the goal was to improve the current process of various IT processes in the company. For this i can provide referee but no certificate

6. Was a part of the team wherein we decide upon the vendor to be used and develop policies and SOW

7. I am also an audit coordinator at my current job. My role is to review policies and help in SOX audit and customer audits. Annual review of the data centre is also my job.

This is all i can recall now, will have to dig in to see what did i miss, i am actually not sure what all from above will count as an EC. Your help will really be appreciated :)

Thanks for your reply

There are quiet a few interesting ECs in your case, now there is no logic in talking about all of them.

Broadly

1) Craft a story for an EC that does not go back to school and college days.
2) All those activities that are within the professional work spectrum can not be counted as EC
3) Your last two points - 6 and 7 - could be well used in your main stream essays for leadership (if these two activities were concrete)

Do not worry too much about certificates for EC and all.

In your experience as

1) Scuba diving - have you been actively involved into teaching or mentoring the same ? have you organized worshops for the same ? have you ever organized an activity leading people organizing something for the members of club (if you are club of any member)

2) Same questions about your teaching EC

So, choose the ones that can help you communicate what you have actually done at EC on leadership front.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
hi guys

if anyone is looking for some tips with respect to the quant and verbal section, i can help them out. i have been doing so for quite some time now. i took my gmat in 2009 and scored a 760 (verbal- 42, quant-50). i followed it up with an year at ISB, Hyderabad.

you can get in touch with me @ 9873209590 and we can talk more about it. feel free to call me during the day or to sms during the later part of the day

i can entertain questions wrt the applications process as well

thanks
sid
GMAT Club Bot