Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: Non-profit
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT club test accuracy [#permalink]
Yes, both verbal and math quizzes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just did one verbal quiz "HARD"

missed two (out of ten) - apparently a 'bad' score. But I used only 9 minutes (out of 20) - I was on study mode (thought it would be nice) and had no timer.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Then congratulations, skip verbal and focus on math only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does math correlate with SAT II well?

I did my SAT II last year (October) , 800. I had a look at Sackmann's book (the blue one, $60), the only part that requires a bit of memorization seems to be "combination and permutation"

Have you tried his extreme challenge set?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also : are RC questions on the real GMAT presented in a similar fashion? I noticed that questions (whether for passage main point, or specific local question) all come individually, viz., not after groups. Maybe I'm not making it too clear. Typically on a test like SAT or LSAT or anything, questions follow one long passage. But what I saw on the test is that each question follows each passage - and the next question could be about a completely different passage. This means that I'll have to re-read the passage quite frequently.

But overall, I find the CAT experience quite good, akin to reading WSJ in print mode!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
heintzst wrote:
Also : are RC questions on the real GMAT presented in a similar fashion? I noticed that questions (whether for passage main point, or specific local question) all come individually, viz., not after groups. Maybe I'm not making it too clear. Typically on a test like SAT or LSAT or anything, questions follow one long passage. But what I saw on the test is that each question follows each passage - and the next question could be about a completely different passage. This means that I'll have to re-read the passage quite frequently.

But overall, I find the CAT experience quite good, akin to reading WSJ in print mode!

No, you'll normally get 3-4 questions per passage grouped together. I think they're still working out bugs in the CATs here (free beta testing), your best bet would be to try your hand at an official gmat prep test to gauge your level and figure out where you should focus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
In general the gmat verbal is easier than the real one. CR and SC are easier but RC are more challenging because they come in as 1 paragraph w/ only 1 question. The real gmat paragraph has at least 2 questions each.

As for SAT, I have no idea. The last time i took it was 7-8 years ago and i must say i don't remember much how it was like.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
will do. But I think, generally speaking, if one has read enough books in his life, he/she (being grammatically and politically correct here) is bound to do well on any verbal section. I find GRE's word comparison a bit complicated, though.

The data sufficiency question type is a bit novel, but I think the math shouldn't be too hard for someone who's good at calc and diff eqn, all of which require the basics.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
recommend a GMAT non-fiction to read

"The Alpha Masters" , just out, by a 27-year-old woman who works at CNBC covering hedge funds. She got connections with some hotshots through her position - and the book is generally engaging and informative, sort of like "Hedge Fund Market Wizard" and all market wizard series. Biographical and interview-ish - some prominent hedge fund managers are mentioned. To name a few, Ray Dalio, John Paulson, Bill Ackman.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
heintzst wrote:
will do. But I think, generally speaking, if one has read enough books in his life, he/she (being grammatically and politically correct here) is bound to do well on any verbal section. I find GRE's word comparison a bit complicated, though.

The data sufficiency question type is a bit novel, but I think the math shouldn't be too hard for someone who's good at calc and diff eqn, all of which require the basics.

If you are a native speaker who reads consistently, and can focus while reading dry topics, RC should be easy. If you are a strong logical thinker, CR should be easy... with SC, that just depends on if you're a grammar nerd or not, especially when you get up to the tougher questions.

With math, once you get a hang of DS, the main issue is the scope of knowledge needed, and not over thinking simple questions. If you have a strong foundation in the basics and calc/stats, the rest is just filling in the gaps you've forgotten.

Archived Topic
Hi there,
Archived GMAT Club Tests question - no more replies possible.
Where to now? Try our up-to-date Free Adaptive GMAT Club Tests for the latest questions.
Still interested? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for better discussion and related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92915 posts