Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 17:04 It is currently 06 May 2024, 17:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 284 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 284 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Re: GMAT disappointment of 450 [#permalink]
dzodzo85, rni is correct that the practice scores will be indicative for the most part of the actual test scores. If your heart is truly set on getting to a top 20 MBA program, then you will need to study, study, study and practice, practice, practice. You need to be consistently in the range you want to be -- don't expect any miracles on test day. However, there are some schools that do not place much importance or even require a GMAT score in order to be admitted. You should note as well that an MBA is not required for a strong career in business, nor does an MBA mean an automatic job. I recently talked to a graduate of a good business school who has had very little luck finding a job (and is $100,000+ in debt). You might be better served more effectively marketing yourself, getting a job and some strong experience, and figuring out where you want to go from there.

Whatever you end up choosing, don't let this disappointment get you down! Don't resign yourself to an unsuccessful career. Just the fact that you've been working hard on this says to me that you have what it takes to have a successful career. It's never too late as long as you maintain your drive. Keep on going!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
dzodzo85, I think your remarks and self observations are pretty good. Keep reading this forum and stories of those who scored high - it's really inspiring as well as full of good tips!

Considering your circumstances, I want to echo timchaves comments on thinking hard about what you think an mba will do for you (balancing against taking on that huge debt). On another point, don't forget to work on the non-gmat aspect of your application. I'm guessing the admin committee will want to know if you've done anything interesting during the 3 years you were unemployed. Your life experiences in Ghana can be a real positive, and make you stand out from other applicants. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Don't give up on your study, you're so close to make it. Especially when you're able to observe your self so detail like that. Practice more! Practice makes everything perfect. Best of luck in your future!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37398 posts