Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 13:50 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 13:50
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-12-2012
GPA: 3.42
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 239
GC Meter: A.W.E.S.O.M.E
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Please Rate My Progress [#permalink]
Thanx Mochad & Asax. Well majority of the questions that I got wrong can be attributed to silly mistakes. I'm giving myself 2 minutes & exact 2 minutes to solve every questions; Verbal or Quantitative. And suddenly time pressure came up. Otherwise it could have been at least 70% of overall accuracy:/. Still I'm not confident or convinced :cry: Yes, after few days I will give away my CAT:). Thanx again. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
You are doing good, no need to feel down.

Maybe try to keep the verbal time per question closer to 1:40 instead of 2:00 in order to get acquainted with that pacing.

Other than that just keep on and recheck your progresses after one week or so.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanx high diving. Yes you are right. A little correction: Critical reasoning 2:00-2:05 Mins sentence correction, .75-1 min, max. quant is under 2 mins.
Attachments

File comment: Updated
GMAT Schedule - Copy.xls [24.5 KiB]
Downloaded 70 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
fariz015 wrote:
Thanx high diving. Yes you are right. A little correction: Critical reasoning 2:00-2:05 Mins sentence correction, .75-1 min, max. quant is under 2 mins.

So you go really fast on SC and take your time a little bit more on CR... that's interesting, I never thought about using half as much time for SC than CR.

Do you have your specific answer ratio for this two question types? I did not seem to find it on your file, but I would like to see how that works out :)

Again, keep it up :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes. Don't get me wrong though. However it is mentionable that, I just a new born baby in sentence correction right now. If you look close to my progress I'm reviewing the same chapter for at least two days to grasp the concepts. Then I did relevant practice under timed conditions. For example: do couple of SVA and pronouns from OGs. Rest of the problems I just out it away when I will finish the entire book. Surprisingly I found out at the same time my CR accuracy is going down. Perhaps I'm doing the problems after couple of weeks. So I just dedicated a day to review the notes for CR. In addition I found out that, in some SC questions you need intuition. Because after reading couple of times you may not find the error. Since I'm just in the beginning of the stage it is right now impossible for me to comment on those.

Here is a view of my strategy.

Quantitative:

DS: 1.75 Min
PS: 2.00 min At best.

Verbal:

CR: 2.00-2.25 Min
SC: 0.75-1.75 At best
RC: 2.00-2.25 or Maybe 3 (Doing some random questions Hard/Med/Soft)

Still I'm respecting this monster. Because overconfidence can kill anyone. I will buy the Gmatprep question pack 1 after couple of days for practice:) Cheers man. I have read your burnout story. Don't give up. People don't fail, they just give up:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
fariz015 wrote:
Yes. Don't get me wrong though. However it is mentionable that, I just a new born baby in sentence correction right now. If you look close to my progress I'm reviewing the same chapter for at least two days to grasp the concepts. Then I did relevant practice under timed conditions. For example: do couple of SVA and pronouns from OGs. Rest of the problems I just out it away when I will finish the entire book. Surprisingly I found out at the same time my CR accuracy is going down. Perhaps I'm doing the problems after couple of weeks. So I just dedicated a day to review the notes for CR. In addition I found out that, in some SC questions you need intuition. Because after reading couple of times you may not find the error. Since I'm just in the beginning of the stage it is right now impossible for me to comment on those.

I think some Gmat Fiction might help you for SC; After some reading ( a whole lot actually) it becomes somewhat automatic to see what is wrong in most of the questions. Obviously for EVERY other question you need to know what Gmac wants you to answer. Manhattan's SC guide is not bad at all if you wish to focus on that one. I would probably not lose too much time on the idioms.

Keep it up and let's see how it goes in a couple weeks time.

fariz015 wrote:
I'm respecting this monster. Because overconfidence can kill anyone. I will buy the Gmatprep question pack 1 after couple of days for practice:) Cheers man. I have read your burnout story. Don't give up. People don't fail, they just give up:)

Thank you, man, that really means a lot for me.
Not giving up, thanks to gmat clubbers like you, among everything else!

Looking forward to see how your preparation keeps developing.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot