Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 18:46 It is currently 22 May 2024, 18:46
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think OG/PP math and RC are quite close to the real test. I feel the SC/CR on the real test are harder, (also the final grade is about the same).

Kaplan and Princeton both have some weird math questions. But most of the math questions are reasonable and good for proactice. Kaplan verbal is a waste of time. Although I am not good at verbal, I am not convinced that all their answer keys or explanations are right.

Crack Gmat verbal is a joke. I feel that those questions are not written by native Englsih speaking people.

Arco test is good in content. But their test software is buggy. For example, I would pick answer "A" for a question, and the computer will read it in as "C" and mark it as wrong answer. Then I move to a different PC and run the same test and mark "B" on the same question, it will come out as "C" again. You can write down your own answer for that test and compare it with the final score report yourself.

One funny thing about my prep is that I started with PP1 710-49/39. After 3 months and 300 hours of studying, I got a 730-50/39. Only 1 point improvement on math, and that's after I got used to those tricky DS questions where I mistaken A or B as C. Anyway, I feel that my prep doesn't really helped me much, and I am lucky to be good at math in the first place.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Nge66,

Good job, thats a great score! Many have said their scores are higher than what they felt they'd get during the test! Makes you wonder how the test actually works??

I think people who're good at maths in the first place are at a distinct advantage, half the battle for people such as myself who're not quant jocks is training one's self to approach a question, it's like a mental battle!

Anyways, did you encounter any types of questions not seen or covered in PP?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:cool Well done guy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 582 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nge, could you post your GMAT Verbal experience please. What type of questions did you get [3 SC's followed by 2 RC, blah blah blah]. How were you doing from a timing perspective? Did you feel rushed towards the end? 10 questions in 10 minutes, etc, etc.

regards,
gmataquaguy
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37466 posts