Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 00:40 It is currently 05 May 2024, 00:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aps_can...WOW..great score, and you should be very proud!!! 8-)

Can you give examples of similar work problems and similar rate problems to the ones that you got on the test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats aps_can. It sounds like your quant experience seems to be in line with the OG. That hasn't been everyone's experience lately, but I guess GMAC and ETS throws different types of questions for different test takers.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT [#permalink]
No fortunately enough there was not a single question except the Range question I posted, in which I 'd any problem it was simple easy and smooth cake walk, when I finished the test I knew this is going to be my score. So u can imagine!!!

About work problem it was related with money like if one does a work and is paid @ $x per hour and there is a fixed cost added to it then whats the diff in the cost if both work together.???

And the speed time distance was very simple, the figures were given in x y and z and we were required to give the distance in terms of xy and z.

aps_can
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Congrats on ur score....well ur quant score is really good. Wanted to ask the members how accurate are scores given by princeton and other tests . Coz I am having an absolute nightmare understanding them. Its been a month since I started preparations and this weekend I decided togive the Prince ton test 1 . I got 32 right in Quant and 32 right in Verbal but my score read Quant -44 and Verbal-34(Cant belive it!) and total score read 620. I had given a PP last weekand after 3 weeks of preparation to assess my progress and scored a 680 .And I feel I improved upon my verbal in the Princeton test but the score is so weird. Sojust wanted to aask u guys if the score on the tests other than PP are really indicative. I felt the questions were ofm the same level on both the tests. Also I have heard the first 5 questions count more than the rest. How true is that...Well guys thid forum is really wonderful and with comments coming from everywhere it really bolsters ones preparations. Keep the good workgoing folks.!

cheers
neeraj
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT [#permalink]
Its more important to see how many u do wrong and what score u get on PR and other test is not so important as much as knowing how many u did wrong and do u understand why u did them wrong. My experience sasys GMAT Math is not tough maths, it is also not requiring too many calculations it simple and straight and solving these tough questions on PR and Kaplan u start seeing the questions to understand whats being asked and once u understand that its as simple as doing 2+2 =4
And I got such simple fraction as my first question so I fail to understand that hypothesis that first few quesions on GMAT are tough. The second was a simple data sufficiency problem and a tougher of the two work problems came almost in the end and the simpler was there in 1st five.Rest is up to u to assume
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GMAT [#permalink]
aps_can wrote:
No fortunately enough there was not a single question except the Range question I posted, in which I 'd any problem it was simple easy and smooth cake walk, when I finished the test I knew this is going to be my score. So u can imagine!!!

About work problem it was related with money like if one does a work and is paid @ $x per hour and there is a fixed cost added to it then whats the diff in the cost if both work together.???

And the speed time distance was very simple, the figures were given in x y and z and we were required to give the distance in terms of xy and z.

aps_can

Could you please post a link to where you posted that Range question !! :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT [#permalink]
Its here only go to my first posting and read it carefully
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aps_can wrote:
Its here only go to my first posting and read it carefully

Found.

BTW, can you share (just change them a little bit) those three problems that you still can not solve from your previous exam?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37386 posts