Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 02:15 It is currently 02 May 2024, 02:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT Date: 10-01-2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT Date: 10-01-2012
Send PM
Re: Gmat Diagnostic Test 390 !!! Completely depressed !!! [#permalink]
Hey mansi. Do not spend too much time on fixing up the high level details. In my opinion a loose framework is enough when it comes to the schedule. But what really matters is the amount of painstaking and meticulous efforts we put into the fine details - IMO you need to consider the below things in your prep.
1.Where do you go wrong the most (is it the inequalities - if it is the inequalities is it only with Modulus bases questions, If you go wrong in DS questions - is it because you have a problem with confidently selecting E or C, If it is CR- are you going wrong with Assumption, Inference or Weaken or Support based questions).
2. Strengthen your strengths and slough off your weaknesses? For me to begin with it was Work-Rate, I leveled it. Then it was Geometry- Now I am very comfortable with the questions asked. Hands down my biggest bugbear was inequalities, now I have gotten control over it, though not to the level of mastery I set-about for. I have gotten stronger at the CR over the course of the last 2 months(hardly do I go wrong in these questions). RC still remains my nemesis - working on it.
3. Practice Tests- A must. Manhattan ones are the best. GMAT prep will help when you get close to the final lap of prep. Please ensure that all the Practice Tests are reviewed question by question as soon as you complete the test.

Please remember that all that matters on GMAT are the fine details and solid homework one does to strengthen the basics - because 2 minutes/question is a tough ask and can be beaten only if you know the basics strongly, feel an instant familiarity with the topic being tested, feel a sense of ease navigating the question set-up and practice enough to be wary of the numerous pitfalls that are inherent in GMAT questions.. All the best! Just get a piece of paper, write down your plan and get moving. Most of the times we make many false starts before we actually get serious towards the prep. More better get an exam date, if you have'nt already
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [2]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
To improve your verbal score, I suggest you:

-study in the evenings instead of the mornings. It's possible you're not fully awake when you study verbal.
-study for more than an hour at a time, if possible. You might try studying only verbal for two hours one day and studying only quant for two hours the next day.
-truly reflect on every single question you answer. If you answer it correctly, reflect on it. Look at the wrong answers and understand why they are wrong. If you answer a question wrong, reflect doubly.
-study in an environment free of distractions. If you can study in an area that is totally silent, do it. This might require you to study while your child is sleeping, at school, or in the care of another adult.
-don't lose confidence. Remember that for every question, all the information you need to select the correct answer is right in front of you.

Many of these points apply to studying quant as well. Like the above poster mentioned, the quantity of problems you study matters more for the quant section, but I want to emphasize that reflection is just as important in that area. Don't assume that more problems attempted will result in better scores. More understanding will result in better scores. Spend time learning concepts and focus on understanding.

I wish you the best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you both for your Valuable inputs. I was really struggling how to divide my time accurately and use it properly. Thanks again for your views that was really helpful.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37341 posts