Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Stanford GSB - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Stanford GSB - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: All 700+ questions on GMAT Club CAT Tests, is this normal? [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the question and sorry about the question difficulty.

The GMAT Club Tests are pretty much all hard questions (we figured that you did not need any easy ones as there are plenty of those and nobody feels good about solving easy questions). So you will keep getting hard 700+ level questions (you start at 650 level and after 2-3 correct answers we move you to the 700 world).

The question serving algorithm works well.
The part that is not perfect yet is the scoring. We continue to adjust it to make it in-line with the real GMAT results and it requires quite a few er correct answers than for example in GMAT Prep or MGMAT (now, it is not correct to use correct vs incorrect answers due to experimental questions) but in the case that you did not hit any experimental questions, due to the difficulty here, we do allow more errors as you are dealing with difficult questions.

Having said that, the scores will be a bit depressing and not make you feel the best. Please bear with that.
Of course if you cannot, we absolutely happy to offer a full refund no questions asked. Want you to be happy and if you are unhappy for any reason, please do not hesitate to PM me with the request.

Any other questions, please let me know.
Best Regards,
BB.

Thanks for clarifying BB.

I too was getting a bit disheartened after I saw my score.

And I do agree, Its better to be disheartened now than on exam day...:)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am actually collecting some data points right now and trying to run a regression analysis between real GMAT scores and GMAT Club Test scores (should have it later today)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Update - it is hard to analyze and correlate some of the results since the same person may have taken multiple tests with various levels of effort and also there are not that many results at this time.

However, on average, people who have scored around 30 on the GMAT Club Tests have gotten a GMAT Score of 47. This is a pretty unreliable metrics since it is only based on 19 samples but should make you feel much better!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Update - it is hard to analyze and correlate some of the results since the same person may have taken multiple tests with various levels of effort and also there are not that many results at this time.

However, on average, people who have scored around 30 on the GMAT Club Tests have gotten a GMAT Score of 47. This is a pretty unreliable metrics since it is only based on 19 samples but should make you feel much better!

Thanks for your update BB.

Logically, it seems really difficult to correlate the any specific mock test scores to real GMAT scores because of different factors such as difficulty level, experimental questions etc.

I think it is better to try harder mocks tests rather than the other way around.....:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
I took the GMAT last year and scored 700 (Q50, V34) and am planning to re-take in 2-3 weeks. I am targetting 730+, hence would need a source where I can get enough 'appropriate difficulty' questions.
I have already exhausted MGMAT.

I think, I need two things:

1. A CAT exam source where I can evaluate my progress. I think MGAMT was good but I have now exhausted it.
2. A question bank with good amount of 700+ verbal questions where I can practice and get ready for the exam

I hear GMATClub tests are pretty good for Quant, but I need something for Verbal as I plan to focus heavily on Verbal this time. Also, I don't know if it would serve as a question bank.

Thanks in advance,
IndianExpress
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 929 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Took the GMAT Club CAT (first one) .. What a brutal bunch of questions.. A million kudos to BB and the other test makers... I scored only a 37 :-( with multiple pauses but this was after a 9 to 3 working day and around 2 hours of study after that ... These are definitly challenging questions a full degree tougher then MGMAT CAT's so the review should be very interesting... BB , Is Q37 a descent score for this CAT given the record of past test takers???
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
bb wrote:

Hi BB,

I got a 35 in quant GC Test today. . How much do you think I can get on the real deal ?

Regards,
Sach

Archived Topic
Hi there,
Archived GMAT Club Tests question - no more replies possible.
Where to now? Try our up-to-date Free Adaptive GMAT Club Tests for the latest questions.
Still interested? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for better discussion and related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 822 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92929 posts