Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:29 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General , Finance
 Q49  V32 GMAT 2: 700  Q49  V35
GPA: 4
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Tsikvina wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.

What round did u apply?
Have anybody who applied in round three have received an interview invites yet?

According to the adcom, interview invites for R3 applicants will start today...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA83MI wrote:
Tsikvina wrote:
StickerShock wrote:

What round did u apply?
Have anybody who applied in round three have received an interview invites yet?

According to the adcom, interview invites for R3 applicants will start today...

Thanks a lot. My application status shows currently under review.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Mine too... since last week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
StickerShock wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
StickerShock wrote:

Which round did you apply in?

Round 2 in Nov.

Are you guys done with your interview? Str1der/StickerShock/Fleepie? Else what is the last day its scheduled for?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Best of luck to the round 2 candidates.. The best advice I have from round 1 is continue to be patient because Cornell seems to operate a little differently then other school. It is almost like rolling admissions because they deal with each individual at their own time it seems. When i interviewed, I think there was only one other applicant there that day. Opposed to Yale, MIT, where I met like 15-20 people who also were interviewing on the same day (which was intimidating)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
Dbalks wrote:
Best of luck to the round 2 candidates.. The best advice I have from round 1 is continue to be patient because Cornell seems to operate a little differently then other school. It is almost like rolling admissions because they deal with each individual at their own time it seems. When i interviewed, I think there was only one other applicant there that day. Opposed to Yale, MIT, where I met like 15-20 people who also were interviewing on the same day (which was intimidating)

I visited the campus last month and agree that the admissions process seems to be more personalized at Cornell. When I was there only four people were there to interview and I was the only person visiting the campus. On the other hand, the smaller overall class size at Cornell would lead to the smaller interview pool on any given day.

I would definitely recommend patience during the admissions process. Although Christine Sneva notes that the round three invitations will start going out by today she also notes that they will be focusing on Consortium and Round 2 applicants through February 25th. While some interview invites may go out over the next week or so I would guess the majority of Round 3 invites will not be sent out until the end of the month to the beginning of March.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
R2 int candidate. 2,5 months passed from R2 deadline - no notifications, calls, e-mails..... Profile on the website did not change. Passed interviews in ALL other schools (TOP 10 + rest).
Johnson is really strange school.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Seen wrote:
I visited the campus last month and agree that the admissions process seems to be more personalized at Cornell. When I was there only four people were there to interview and I was the only person visiting the campus. On the other hand, the smaller overall class size at Cornell would lead to the smaller interview pool on any given day.

I think Johnson's Skype option thins the on-campus interviewing herd. For instance, Darden has a similar class size to Johnson, but requires all US applicants to interview on Grounds, which is why there was a ton of people there when I interviewed. Also, Darden seems to be more liberal in who they invite as it tends to be about 50% of the applicant pool. My gut feeling is that Johnson interviews less because they waitlilst applicants without an interview, whereas Darden interviews everyone before deciding to put them on the waitlist (no interview = ding).

alexpiers wrote:
R2 int candidate. 2,5 months passed from R2 deadline - no notifications, calls, e-mails..... Profile on the website did not change. Passed interviews in ALL other schools (TOP 10 + rest).

Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
alexpiers wrote:

Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.

No, it is ok. I understand, different schools - different adcoms and goals. I am talking about communication. Normal time frame for decision notification: interview/ding = max 6 or 8 weeks (at most). In this case almost 11 weeks passed. They can "ding" me - it is thier right, no prob, but they should notify me.

Originally posted by alexpiers on 11 Feb 2013, 12:28.
Last edited by alexpiers on 11 Feb 2013, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
R2 candidate from Toronto, Canada and have not heard anything yet .. quite the long wait..chances seem slim now
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
vatsas wrote:
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?

Call again. Sorry there isn't a better solution, but that's what I did. I left a voicemail. Didn't hear back for 3 hours and I called again - she picked up, and I scheduled the interview. Would be so much easier if they had an online scheduling system.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MENSA India
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 4: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks for keeping the forum alive and giving great inputs CobraKai, vatsas, alexpiers, Seen, Dbalks.

I'm a R3 candidate. Haven't received any email notification and status on application hasn't changed. Agree with Seen about the communication getting delayed and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all applicants!

Cheers,
Pra
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
vatsas wrote:

Call again. Sorry there isn't a better solution, but that's what I did. I left a voicemail. Didn't hear back for 3 hours and I called again - she picked up, and I scheduled the interview. Would be so much easier if they had an online scheduling system.

Agreed, the scheduling process is a bit archaic, but once you get an adcom member on the phone, they are extremely helpful. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
alexpiers wrote:

I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
nyama wrote:
alexpiers wrote:

I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.

What do you mean you sent the same file to each school?

Sure, your GMAT + GPA + Work experience will be the same for all schools... but there are so many other variables... How do you fit at that school? How well did you sell your vision? How driven did you come off? How well did you communicate all of these things in your interviews? What other applicants has that school received similar to you?
Sure, if you have the stats to make it into HBS, you have the pure stats to get into any school, but business school admissions isn't a pure numbers game. This isn't law school.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nyama wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independent event.

1) Read the quote again: I said each admissions decision is an independent event, not the application. Which is what you seem to agree with.
2) Not all essay questions are the same, so your applications were bound to vary a bit.
3) Just like it's your opinion to disagree, each admissions committee is going to react in a different subjective manner to an application, even though you turned in the same thing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts